Monday, February 11, 2019

Creator Spotlight | Malia From Simply Maliak


I haven't done a creator spotlight in what feels like forever but I want to do more of them! If you're new or have just never read one of these posts before, this is a little series where I feature some of my favorite online creators and ask them questions. I think it's a great way to learn more about people, find new people to follow, and just generally spread love all around. Today I'm featuring the awesome Malia from Simply Maliak! She is so cute and her blog is all about inspiring other girls which of course I love! Also, her blog layout is the most adorable thing????? Like??? Why isn't my blog that cute?? Malia?? Teach me your ways?? Ok let's get started!
What is your name and what does it mean? If you're named after someone who is it
and what does that person mean to you?
My name is Malia, and it originates in Hawaii. My parents named my older sister with a
name that started with an M, and all of my little brothers start with the letter C. I named
my blog “SimplyMaliaK” for many reasons. One of them is that I dedicate my blogging
to inspiring girls of all ages to live simply, laugh often and love deeply. I end all of my
blog posts that way because I believe that they are important things to live by.


What are your favorite hobbies? How would you describe yourself in 4 words? Just
tell us a bit about yourself.
I'll formally introduce myself. My name is Malia Katherine. I am dedicated to inspiring
girls of all ages to live simply, laugh often, and love deeply. As a small-town country
girl and live on a farm with seven chickens, a dog, and three cats, I love to chat about
lots of things. I love DIY projects, food, cross country, singing, talking about my faith
and reading. My blog shares my life and passions with the world. I also am very
involved in the STEM field. Since fifth grade I have been computer programming with
various languages and it is one of my favorite things to do. When I get older, I want to
become a web developer or computer programmer.


Why did you start blogging? Do you see yourself blogging in the future?
I started my blog in April of 2018 and it has been a whirlwind from there. I have learned
so much since then about blogging, my faith, friendships, and more. I definitely see
myself blogging in the future because it is a way to share my interests and inspire others.
How do you spend an average day?
My average day begins with me getting up early and doing my chores. At my house, we
have a strict rule that we have to get our work done and help out in the mornings. When
it’s not summer, I’m in class during the day. Once I get home, I make a snack because I
love to cook and get any homework I might have done. After that, it depends on how I’m
feeling. I’ll usually work on my blog, do some computer programming, hang out with
my family and friends, clean my room, or listen to a podcast while crocheting. A big
thing in my family is having dinner together, so we always work around practices and
events so we can sit down together. It may not be the most exciting day, but for me it’s
the little things that make me happy.

How do you come up with blog posts and how do you usually go about writing one?
A majority of my blog posts are related to my faith, Christianity, or cross country (my
favorite sport). Everyone goes through challenges in life, and we can either learn from
them or not. I choose to learn from mine and it helps me grow as a person. I share my
experiences through my blog posts and it helps me relate to others. The more I live, the
more experiences I have, so I’m never running low on blog post ideas. As for writing
one, I have a list on my phone that I keep track of all the different things I would like to
write about. Whenever I’m low on school work, I’ll pick one and write it in one sitting.
Then, I’ll proofread and edit my blog post before publishing. I put a lot of thought and
effort into writing them, so it means a lot when people read it.


What does your blog mean to you and why would you say you blog?
To me, my blog is a way I can share my faith around the world and spread positivity.
The world would be a different place if everyone acted more positive. I started my blog
to put my thoughts to words and it eventually evolved into a growing community of
girls supporting each other.

If you could collab with anyone dead/alive who would it be?
I LOVE Simply Southern shirts because of the bright colors and happy messages. I
would want to collab with them and be a representative for their brand. If we’re talking
people-wise, then definitely Jaclyn Brooke. She is such a positive person and girl very
strong in her faith. She is a big inspiration for me.

If you had to choose a career now what would it be?
Because of my passion for computer programming, I would want to be a web developer.
I have already coded one website, and I enjoyed creating my blog. It is a difficult field
but I believe that it would be a very fun job for me. I would also want to be a missionary
because I have a calling to help those less fortunate.


What do you see happening with your blog in the next year? What do you want to
happen?
I want to continue to write blog posts and get more viewers and blog members. Also, I
would like to collab more with other bloggers and companies that have the same values
as I do. One of my biggest goals of next year is to be featured in a magazine, so I’ll keep
everyone posted to see how that goes!

What are your tips for other people wanting to start a blog?
I would definitely encourage those who want to start a blog to do so! It is so much fun
and I have learned so much from it. Although blogging doesn’t seem like a lot of work
sometimes, it sure is! I cannot tell you how many hours I’ve spent researching blogging,
listening to podcasts, writing and planning blog posts, and working on my website. If
you want to get serious with blogging, I highly suggest that you make a blogging binder.
I have one that’s filled with all the information that I’ve learned and it’s a nice way to
keep it all organized.



What is your aesthetic?
I like pastel colors, so I use them for my blog and my instagram. I also want to develop
a community of girls and so I incorporate a lot of Christian values and principals in my
blog, captions, and pictures.

Are you an introvert or extrovert?
I would definitely say that I’m an extrovert! I love to talk to others, express my ideas,
and make new friends. I’m not very shy, and I love to get to know others. To me, giving
speeches or talking in class isn’t very scary, but I understand how it can be for others.


I absolutely loved doing that interview and I hoped you loved reading it! If you want to check Malia out at some other places feel free to at:


I would absolutely love to see your answers to the questions above! Maybe choose one or two and comment them down below. :) If you want to be interviewed for my blog or do any sort of collab feel free to email me at nabilaeve@gmail.com.

6 comments:

  1. Haha I love the layout of your blog too! I really like the color purple bc it always makes me happy and so does ur blog <3 keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyyy I'm so happy you like it. :) Thanks for collaborating with me!!

      Delete
  2. Good interview! Great post :)

    Ann xx
    https://love-english-by-ann.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting post! I'm an introvert but I'm working on being more open.

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10