Monday, October 9, 2017

I'm A Teenger | How It Feels + Lots of Screaming + Photos Through The Ages



I'm a teenager now.
That's kind of crazy for me to say.


I have always been very interested in names and what you can call yourself when.
I did a whole post about it a while back but I can't seem to find it now (annoyingly).


I have been wanting to be a teenager pretty much since I was 6.
Teenagers have always been this almost godly figure to me.


Those people in high school who have their own cars and phones and do social media and have a million friends.
As I have grown a bit older I realized that most of what I imagined wasn't really true.


Once you turn 13 you don't magically grow wings and the ability to make all of the friends you want.
It's still pretty cool though.

 That was like deep and kind of sad but now for the happy part of the post. I'M A FREAKING TEENAGER NOW AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW THIS HAPPENED. Wednesday was my birthday and thank you everyone both in real life and here on the blog for wishing me a happy birthday. The whole day I was just so happy and I really never stopped smiling. My mom woke me up singing the "it's your birthday, so happy birthday to you" song which was a pretty cool way to wake up. When I was walking to school with my friend she gave me this adorable bag that I'm kind of obsessed with right now and will definitely show you in my birthday haul post. I always get to school early so for that about an hour that we waited I kept running up to people saying it was my birthday which was seriously like a lot of fun. Throughout the day a lot of my friends told me happy birthday (after I reminded them but it still counts). During homeroom one of my friends even made a card and got everyone to sign it. As my mom likes to say my love language is words of affirmation which means I pretty much love compliments so my birthday is by far one of my favorite days of the year.


I still can't even believe THAT I AM 13 and actually writing this post. I started this blog when I was 9 and I have grown so much since then. It's crazy to look back at some of my old posts and just see how the ways I have changed both in my thinking and appearance. 


This is a picture of me from this post dated february 2016. That's not even that long ago but first of all just look at this photo quality. It's kind of horrible. The photos on my blog aren't that great but they are improving quite a bit. I must admit though I still have that same shirt and it still fits me (I've matured but I haven't grown that much). 


Also this picture which was from december 2015 when I was doing Daily December. First of all I'm actually sick in this photo so I don't look that great. Second WHY DOES MY FACE LOOK SO FUZZY. Like why did you put this on the internet past Nabila? Third I actually look kind of younger in this photo. My appearance face wise I would say hasn't changed that much but my face looks kind of like a baby in this picture. Does anyone else see that?


I found another photo of me! This one was just a month earlier than the last one in November 2015. It was when I went to this cool art thing  My first point is again the quality. Like WWWHHHHYYYY. Second WHAT AM I DOING. I am not like the best at modeling for photos but I've been trying to get better at it (mostly so that I don't look so awkward in photos) and I would say I have definitely improved. 


Wow. Haha. Is it bad that I really like making fun of my older posts? No? Ok good haha. Ok another thing I am super excited about is that I now have an instagram account! I convinced my parents like two days ago that yes it is ok if I get instagram so you know... Follow me! But seriously though it's so weird that I am actually 13 now and I would love some advice in the comments! Also I might have changed my profile picture about ten times in the past week so I'm sorry but this will hopefully be the official one for now and so sorry if I confused anyone. :)

What is some advice you would give me as a new teen? If you're a teenager how did you feel when you turned 13? If  you are not a teeneger what are you looking forward to about being a teen?



17 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great birthday! :)

    www.letmecrossover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use to think I would be magically cooler when I became a teen too, lol! XD

    Happy birthday, being a teen is still really cool. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok good. So this is not just a me being weird thing haha. :)
      Yeah as I stated probably way too many time already I'm super excited!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on 13! What you're saying is so true - I think that a lot of us idolize teenagers as we grow up, but the truth is, that they're regular people just like anyone else <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jolly! Yeah I think we all think of teens as like these super cool people (which of course they are since I am one) but once you become a teen you don't really feel any different.

      Delete
  4. Happy late birthday! *Cringes* I'm always "that" person who's late for birthdays... XD

    I remember when I was about to turn 13 and I was like "omg I'm going to be a teenager so exciting!!!" And then you actually turn 13 and it's like... Everything is exactly the same as it always was? XD (Also I can't get over the fact that THAT WAS THREE YEARS AGO I'm 16 soon like what is happening.)

    I guess the only advice I can give you is to always be yourself; just because you're a teenager now it doesn't mean you suddenly have to be all grown up and mature... Just be you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Indigo! Oh my gosh same. I have the worst memory ever so I always forgot birthday so I end up saying happy birthday like 5 days later. :)

      Delete
  5. Ahh happy belated birthday Nabila! I'm a teen and I must say when I turned 13 I was so excited:) Some advice I would say is it gets hard at points - friendships will change, and so will people's opinions of things. And then obviously there's mood swings and periods and all that other jazz that comes with growing up which I guess suck, but for most adults (obviously idk as I am still only 13 aha) they will say their teens were some of the best years of their lives, so we have to enjoy it:) Looking forward to your birthday haul - I love seeing what other people get, I'm so nosy ahah!

    - www.whatlexieloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lexie! Yeah although there are some interesting things that come with being a teen I'm definitely going to try to enjoy it. My birthday haul should probably be coming around the first week of november. :)

      Delete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday Nabila!!! It's so awesome your 13 now!

    xx Bubbles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bubbles! Haha yeah. :) I'm pretty excited about it.

      Delete
  7. This post was really adorable! (I honestly don't mean that in a condescending way you actually really adorable!)

    Yeah, a lot of us had those thoughts when we were younger. I blame Hollywood and television in general. Darn them all.

    And welcome to the land of awkwardness. Yeah...

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10