Monday, October 23, 2017

Totally Last Minute DIY Halloween Costume Ideas


OK so Halloween is next week and no I am not kidding. This actually blew my mind as well when I saw the calendar. I love halloween because between getting to dress up and also getting free candy it's pretty awesome. Fun fact my first post (which I might have deleted) although it was posted in november was about halloween. I for one though am horrible at halloween costumes both because I am cheap and not that artistic. In this post I am going to list 4 super easy and fun last minute halloween costume ideas. Most of these you can do with either stuff you have at home or with only a couple of things you can get easily from the store. Let's get started!

*pics from pinterest 

1. Ghost!

I know that this is super cliche and kind of cheesy but it's super easy and also super fun to make. All you need for a fun ghost costume is pretty much a plain white sheet that you are allowed to cut into. Cut out holes for your eyes and mouth and you're pretty much done. If you want to make it cooler though adding fun ghost like designs onto it will give more depth to the costume and also it's just super fun to draw on random things.


Ghost costume for my little boy it was so easy just a ripped sheet!

2. Teenager 

I thought of this the other day at school when someone asked me what I wanted to be and truly I think I'm a genius. Literally all you have to do for this is wear what you regularly wear or if you are older or younger get some clothes you think a teen would wear. Personally I think this would be the perfect costume for any dad because all of the dad jokes you could get out of this would be crazy. I imagine something like this. 


Friend- "and what are you dressed up as"
dad- "oh a teenager"
Friend- *looks at him weird and then looks at the teenage daughter* "interesting"
dad- "yeah there an interesting species of monster"

I don't know. It could be cool. It could be equally cool for anyone else including actual teenagers. I was thinking it would be like a funny monster teenager type thing becaue teenegares are supossed to be horrible you know. I don't know. Does that make any sense?

3. Queen Bee

This costume is a bit harder but also super easy. All you need is a striped shirt/dress/pants/any clothing item and a headband. You can find cute bee themed headbands online but if you want to do it yourself and stick with the queen bee theme you can put a little crown on the headband and other yellow things. This costume name references so many amazing things including things like beyonce and also me (my sister calls me queen b sometimes).

4. Cat

This is seriously so cute but so awesome at the same time. I'm just going to come out and say it CATS ARE AMAZING. There are some cat haters in the world who say that cats are "mean" and "unloyal" and say that "dogs are so much better". As you have probably guessed I love cats and desperately want one of my own. With this costume you can make it look like you put work into it while really you just put on some cat ears. For this costume clothing wise all you need is a black shirt and then some black bottoms. For the part that actually makes you look like a cat you can put on some cute cat ears and then draw a couple of whiskers on your face.

(^.^) Thanks, Pinterest Pinners, for stopping by, viewing, re-pinning, & following my boards.  Have a beautiful day! ^..^ and “Feel free to share on Pinterest ^..^

Sorry for the short post but I love halloween so much and am honestly so excited!

Do you enjoy halloween? What are you dressing up as this year? What are you plans for Halloween? What is your favorite thing you have done for halloween in the past?








8 comments:

  1. These are all amazing ideas! I especially love the teenager one!!! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gray! Oh yay! I thought people might think it was weird but I'm so happy you like it!:) :)

      Delete
  2. Haha, I love the Teenager one! XD I'm going to dress up as the Cat in the Hat this year, but honestly I'm feeling so lazy I might just be a normal cat again. :P Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Nicole! Ooooohh being a cat in the hat sounds awesome! I'm probably going to be a cat. Haha. :) I say I just add a hat and then I'll be the cat in the hat. Do you get? Maybe? Ok.

      Delete
  3. great ideas! i'm going as pennywise from it but im trying to think of a twist i could add to it so it isn't like everyone elses.

    - Edie
    ediewritesthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Edie! Oooh that sounds cool! Make sure to post a picture!

      Delete
  4. The ghost one is a classic go-to! :) I have to admit I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to be for Halloween just yet (GAH!) so this is helpful. The teenager costume is one my friends used to joke about when they didn't have any good costumes. Happy almost Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it really is! Oh well now I'm disappointed in you! *shakes head* Oh I'm so happy I could be helpful. :) Thanks!

      Delete

01 09 10