Monday, June 11, 2018

2018 Summer Bucket List


I am officially out of school for summer AND AHHHH SO EXCITED ABOUT IT!! This also means I have finished 7th grade and will be going to 8th grade next year. That means thinking about high school and being the biggest peeps on campus and worrying about tests.... BUTTT before that happens I have 3 months off which I am pretty happy about it. I have done summer bucket lists in the past and I personally liked them so why not do another one this year?? This could be a good way to get inspo for your own list or maybe just a way to hold me accountable haha. Let's get started!
1. Go hiking at least once. I have learned that I actually really like hiking mainly from going to Marfa a lot. I don't typically like going outside that much but I have enjoyed hiking when I've been in the past. My thing is that it can't be that hot and it can't be crazy long.
2. Invite friends over frequently. I want to make an effort to hang out with more friends this year. I've made a lot of new friends this past year even if we're not super close but I want to change that. I think I get scared to invite friends over if I've never hung out with them before because I'm scared they will say no. I'm going to try to get over that and invite some new friends.
3.  Eat healthily. For a while, I had a thing going with eating healthy but it has kind of gone downhill in the past month. Especially since I'll have more time over the next few months I really want to try to get back into that habit of just choosing the healthy thing even if it is a bit harder. 
4. Post every/every other Saturday on my youtube channel. This summer I'm going to commit to working on my youtube channel and just growing it. I really like youtube and so far I've had a lot of fun with it. I don't think it will ever be my main channel (#bloggerforlife) though so don't get scared or anything. If you would like I just recently uploaded two videos, a room tour and a fun best friend tag, and it would make me super happy if you could check out both!
5. Post either every day/every other day on Instagram. Fun fact I recently hit 1k on my insta and it made me super happy! When I first got an account I posted literally every day. Yes, the posts weren't the absolute best but they were still ok. With summer I want to try to post every day again but this time hopefully with some better posts.
6. Make the most out of/have fun at the camps I'm going too. This summer I'm going to two camps. Number one an Algebra camp I have to go to so that I can take Algebra next year. Probably boring but I'm trying to be not so sour about it. Second an engineering campo at where my dad teaches. I'm pretty excited about that one. My dad said they do stuff like program robots and do cool experiments which I think will be super cool. Kind of annoyingly I will be one of the youngest people there so I'm not sure how that will go???
7. Commit to Girl Boss Teen Tribe. I've mentioned it on here but I'm part of an awesome group of girls where we share tips on our blog,  do features on Instagram,  and we're starting an email list! Over this past year, I haven't been doing much to help honestly but I really want to work on it this summer.
8. Decide what I'm going to do with this blog. I have been saying for a while that this summer I would change to WordPress but now I'm not sure?? Is it worth it?? How exactly would I do that?? Even if I don't move to WordPress I do want to change up my design a bit. Plus I really want to get my own domain and possibly change the name. I don't at all have a plan so I need to make one and then execute it. If I do end up changing to Wordpress I'll probably need help doing that so if anyone wants to help please contact me haha. 
9. Do at least 5 collabs. I love collabs because I get to interact with others and get content in front of a new audience so I really really want to do. Plus I want to do some that aren't just on my blog like maybe on Youtube or Instagram. If you do want to collab again please contact me!
10. Say yes and be present. Just be open to new things and experiences and surroundings. Get in some maybe uncomfortable situations. I never do that. Like ever. If there is even a chance I could be wrong or something could go wrong I won't do it. I want to try to change that. If I never take risks I won't ever get anywhere. I realize that but I don't ever really act on it. I'm going to try and change that this summer.

What's something fun you're doing this summer? What's on your bucket list? What kind of posts do you want to see from me this summer? Do you want to collab (contact me!!)? 


15 comments:

  1. It's cool you've got so many goals and so much awesome stuff planned for the summer! I have a lot of plans for this summer too, though I also intend to chill out a lot, it's been an intense few months and I need a break XD
    I'd love to collab with you sometime!! I'm quite busy right now, but maybe at some point in the future? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll probably only ending doing like two of them though haha. Yeah breaks are always good. Totally! I would love to collab!

      Delete
    2. Sounds like a fun summer! I hope you meet all of them!!! <3

      I think it would be cool to collab, but I have no idea what about, lol.

      Delete
  2. I was also thinking of moving my blog to Wordpress but I don't have any idea of the pros and cons of doing it. Let me know if you had one if ever you decided to do it :)

    Life in Sugar & Spice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally checking out your blog in return! So... wordpress is what the "professionals" apparently use, cause then you can easily link it to a domain name (so that your blog's site is just www.hottowncoolgirl.com) and do other things with the HTML to make it all yours. But, I'm not smart with that stuff, nor am I trying to monetize my blog, so I just stick to blogger since it's connected to my e-mail (I know, I'm lazy!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my blog! Yeah that makes sense. No I'm lazy too haha that's why I haven't switched yet.

      Delete
  4. Also, why is reading not on your list? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did so many engineering camps, and they are fun! Also, hopefully algebra camp isn't too boring-- a lot of my friends had to go through it. And, if you need help with anything Wordpress (whether it's .com or .org) let me know! I'm still new to it, too, but I've done a lot of reading since last February.

    xoxo Abigail Lennah | Ups & Downs (but now at Story-Eyed!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool!! I really think I'm going to have fun! I will definitely hit you up on that if I decide to switch. :)

      Delete
  6. ooh, all of that sounds like fun (if you actually do all of them, lol)!
    honestly i'm not really doing anything fun this summer- i'm just going to north carolina for a week, learning how to play the ukulele, working on my wattpad novel, and fangirling on my tumblr xD

    =mckenzie
    the-anti-social-social-club.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably won't accomplish all of them but I will try haha. That sounds cool! I've been to North Carolina once and it was so pretty. :)

      Delete
  7. Cool post! (Good job on having the motivation to write a bucket list, i'm too lazy). If you do try out wordpress, or another blogging site, could you maybe write a post about it? I'm using blogger at the moment too but if there's a better site to use i'd love to try it.

    Maia xx
    https://idleteenagerebellion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks. Yeah if I do switch I'll definitely write a post about it. :)

      Delete

01 09 10