Monday, January 28, 2019

7 Easy Birthday Party Ideas For Teens


As I've grown older it's been harder and harder for me to decide what to do for my birthday. Everything I think of or find online seems too kiddish or just extravagant that I can't do. That's why I'm making this list! This is going to be 7 easy birthday party ideas that you can throw for cheap (lots of them at home!!). Hope this is helpful to some of y'all who can't decide what to do. :)
1. Karaoke

So so soo fun and sooooo easy!! I did a karaoke party in 6th grade and had a lotttt of fun. Basically, all you need is a microphone. How we did it is one of our friends had this whole speaker set up which connected to a microphone and we played the karaoke videos with lyrics and everything from youtube just on the TV. 


2. Mall

This is definitely one that is done a lot but it's still always fun. You can invite a couple of friends and just hang. Maybe get some ice cream/something sweet somewhere, maybe go ice skating, and definitely just shop and laugh with all of the freindsssssss. 


3. Photo Scavenger Hunt

I did this one this year (14 birthday!!) and had sooo much fun! It's actually usually done at a mall but since I don't live super close to a mall we did it at a shopping plaza. Basically what you do is you make a list of items that they can take photos of. Maybe 4 hats and some chocolate. It totally depends where you are. I recommend splitting up people in groups of 3 and then you can give them the list of photos they need to take. They need to take photos of all of those items with a group member in the photo. Whoever gets back to the starting point with all of the correct photos first wins! What I did is we did three different stores with specific photo prompts for each and the group that won the most sections won the game!


4. Pool Party 

If you have access to a pool and haven't had a pool party yet, um what??? Pool parties are easy and always fun. Have some floats and drinks maybe some pizza and candy and you're set. Pool games are also always fun! You can add a bit of competition in there and have prizes and everything (extra points if the prizes are pool related like water guns or extra floaties!). 


5. Spa

I've always thought of this one as so hard but it's actually not! You can do pretty much whatever you want with it and you probs already have a lot of stuff. Plus the parent or adult person doesn't even really have to do that much. Everyone can do everyone else's nails and stuff. A fun group thing. 
Ideas:

-sheet/clay/mud masks (cucumbers!!)
-hair
-nails
-maybe makeup??
-nail polish/makeup/masks/general stuff party favors!
-do DIY of maybe a lip scrub or even a make your own mask


6. Movie 

Two optionsssssss. You can either go to the movies (this is a bit expensive but still fun) or just watch a movie at home! There are so many movies you can get on Netflix or from the library that everyone will love to watch. Popcorn, of course, must be included! You could even change it up a bit and instead binge a tv show you and all of your friends love. Maybe even have food and stuff based off of the show?



7. Escape The Room 

For this one, you do have to go somewhere and pay for it but seriously it is so crazy fun!! If you have never done an escape the room you are missing out big time! Basically, you are put in a room and you have to work together to solve all of the puzzles and get out. For this, the guest count might have to be a bit low. 

I super duper hope that was helpful to y'all! Comment down below something you like to do for your birthday/fun birthday parties you have been to in the past. :)


14 comments:

  1. I really want to go to an escape room! Some time I want to go to a climbing rock gym for my birthday.

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should!! Escape the rooms are the best! Ooooo that could be so fun too. :)

      Delete
  2. thank you so much for this post! my birthday is next month and i haven't had any luck coming up with ideas. i might try a photo scavenger hunt or spa night because those sound like so much fun.

    xo apollo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course apollo! Happy early birthday! I hope you have a fun party. :) :)

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I love all of these! The movie one is the one I usually do. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, so fun. I've actually never had any friends to invite to a party sadly but I think it would be so fun to have something to do when I turn 21. Great ideas! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally have a fun party when you turn 21!!

      Delete
  5. The idea of a photo scavenger hunt sounds amazing to me! Like how FUN would that be?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these ideas! I think I'll choose one of these for my sweet sixteen! ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you like them! Totally tell me what you end up doing! I hope you have fun. :)

      Delete

01 09 10