Monday, June 10, 2019

Vincent Van Gogh: His Life In Art | Photo Diary



I recently got to an awesome art exhibit all about Vincent Van Gogh and his life at the art museum here in Houston!! I love art and history so as you can probably guess I had a lot of fun. I got a lot of cool photos so I thought it would be fun to show y'all. :)



If you don't know his story I'm just going to summarize it for you: 

-he doesn't know what to do with his life 
-he tries a bunch of different stuff
-he becomes a painter (with his brothers support)
-he learns a lot about art
-he low key goes crazy (he had a mental illness that a lot of people believe to be something along the lines of bipolar) 
-he checks himself into a mental hospital
-he gets out
-his brother has a family now and Vincent doesn't want to be a burden so he kills himself


As you can tell he had a really interesting (but sad) life. 


Let's get onto happy things now though haha. 


They had a lot of his real paintings but in the first room it was just replicas and it basically told the the whole story of his life. 





And now for the real ones! I loved the paintings of people as the emotion just seemed so real. 



All throughout the exhibit, they also had large, expanded versions of his pieces which were super cool. 


Fun fact I'm pretty sure this was a painting of a church in one of the towns he lived in. His father was some kind of pastor (I think) and at one point that's what Van Gogh tried to be as well. 



My little sis. :)



Doesn't that look like something that should be in Egypt? Not the actual drawing but the doorway and the wall behind. 


One of his famous self portraits! 


This was some lady who owned a cafe near him and like, I love her haha. Just look at that hair. 






This one and the one of the old lady right above were two of my favorites!






They had a whole little gift shop just for the exhibit but it was surprisingly not that cute and it kind of made me sad. 


One of the coolest things is that at the end they had a whole interactive section! 





As you can see there were awesome photos opportunities and it was just so cute. 




The whole fam went including my Tata and Geto (grandparents). 








Do you like art? Should I do more photo diaries? 



6 comments:

  1. Oh looks fun! And very interesting to learn more about van Gogh! All the pics are awesome!

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so fun and crazy interesting!! Thank youuuu. :)

      Delete
  2. I AM LIVING THROUGH YOU RIGHT NOW!! Thank you for sharing this amazing experience so I could enjoy it too :)

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10