Saturday, July 20, 2019

staying in a airbnb mansion + an eco friendly hotel in mexico

This the second post in my Mexico series! In my first post I talk about getting to stay in an adorable small town and see ancient Mayan ruins and cenotes and so much more! It was a lot of fun and I would recommend checking that post out first. In today's post we meet up with the rest of my family and stay in both a super cool hotel and a pretty Airbnb. Let's get started. :)


I also did a vlog which you can find above or right here. 

After the two hour bus ride from Valladolid (the other town we were staying in), we arrived in Cancun. 











We were the first people to arrive at the hotel! It's called El Rey Del Caribe and it's an eco-friendly hotel which I learned meant reusing water and do other stuff along those lines. It was basically a jungle and definitely one of the cutest hotels everrrrr. Since it was so pretty I thought it would be good to do a little photo shoot. The pics turned out really well (thanks dad)!! 


A bit later the rest of my family arrived including my adorable cousin Mya!! Her actual name is Samya named after my Tata but we all call her Mya. :) She's my first first cousin and I was so so so excited to meet her. She's pretty much the cutest thing ever. 


In the morning everyone met up and we took a group pic. We were all there for a wedding and it kind of turned into a family reunion haha. 


SHE'S SO CUTE AHHHHHH



We had a couple of hours before we could check into the Airbnb so we decided to walk around a bit. We had heard of a market near where we were staying so we decided to check it out. It turned out to be a total tourist trap and way too expensive but it was good we walked around haha.

And then it was time! The house was awesome and there was this gorgeous pool in the backyard! We pretty much just swam for the rest of the day. 


The next day we decided to check out a breakfast place nearby. It was pretty good but it was expensive and my dad and grandparents couldn't go so I just ended up getting a mango smoothie. 



I wanted to have a photo shoot the next day so since we didn't really have that much to do we took some practice pics.

It was mostly a relaxing couple of days so I spent a lot of it reading. 






We had our photo shoot and I absolutely loved how the photos turned out especially the last one. 


There was a Tamale place we could walk to so of course I couldn't pass that up.


The last day we went to this absolutely adorable churro place and I got a churro ice cream sandwich. It was pretty much the best thing ever. 


And that's it! Make sure to check out the other blog post, the other vlog, and the vlog for when we stayed here. Annnnd get excited for the blog post + video all about the resort and wedding! :)

Other posts from this trip:

Have you ever been to Cancun? Where is your dream vacation destination? 

2 comments:

01 09 10