Sunday, May 15, 2016

You Go Girl! // A Guest Post


Hello everyone! I have not had a guest post in like forever! So when my close friend offered to write one I gladly agreed. She is an awesome writer (probably better then me, haha) though some of her views can be very, how do I say it? EXTREME. And before I give the mic over to her I want to add that I would also call myself a feminist though I don't talk about it a lot. And now lets welcome my wonderful friend Lydia! *You hear clapping from an unseen audience*.

-----

Hey, Lydia here, (Nabila's friend). I'm going to do a guest post. Have you read or heard about the question about drafting women who are eligible into the army? On one hand, it's not like you can force the whole country into war, on the other hand, do women really have equal rights? Or do we need to test that? So simply, (as a feminist) if we get to have the same "opportunity" to die horribly for our country, shouldn't we get the same "opportunity" to be forced to die horribly for our country? I'm putting it into such negative terms because it's not like I want for the situation when that's necessary to actually happen or anything.

Moving on to more of this kind of thing, you'd be amazed at who some of the sexist pigs are out there, or as I like to call them; TURDS! TOTAL AND COMPLETE TURDS! (no offense to them, but- no I take that back, total offense to the TURDS! TOTAL AND COMPLETE TURDS!/ sexist pigs). But here's a couple of the major one's;

  • Walt Disney
  • Donald Trump (well, duh)
  • Alex Blimes (editor of some big magazine)
So, Walt Disney, (bet you didn't already know about that one) he was most certainly sexist. He was a lot of other negative things, check out this link http://www.vulture.com/2013/12/walt-disney-anti-semitism-racism-sexism-frozen-head.html#! Besides the fact that he has a quote about how he feels like the creative part of the studio being not for women, a man who worked closely with him observed that he didn't like women and/or trust them. Finally, and this one's more commonly known, Frozen was the very first Disney film ever to be made by a girl. You go Jenifer Lee! As for Walt Disney, he has earned the title for; TURD! TOTAL AND COMPLETE TURD!/ sexist pig!

I think it's fair to not do too much Donald Trump because I don't have enough time to write that much just like you don't have nearly enough time to read that much. Either way he has earned a title that he could be doing much better without. Remember two things; I hate him as much as any other candidate (and I hate them all), and that this is just the tip of the ice berg.  They are mostly about Hillary Clinton. Here are 5 things he said;
  1. Can you imagine that, the face of our next next president? I mean, she’s a woman, and I’m not supposed to say bad things, but really, folks, come on. Are we serious?
  2. 26,000 unreported assaults in the military-only 238 convictions. What did these geniuses expect when they put men & women together?
  3. “The Face of a Dog!”
    (NYT reporter Gail Collins wrote a scathing op-ed in 2011, stating that Trump once mailed her an article she’d written about him, her face circled in the byline with “The Face of a Dog!” written above it.)
  4.  
  5. It must be a pretty picture. You dropping to your knees.”
    (Bret Michaels told Trump that his project partner, former Playmate Brande Roderick got down on her knees and pleaded with him to be the manager. Trump had this 'classy' oral joke in response.)

So let's move on to someone less famous, but a huge TURD! TOTAL AND COMPLETE TURD!/ sexist pig! It will be so much faster if I just list some of his biggest sexist quotes;

  1. They are beautiful objects
  2. They're (women) objectified
  3. The women that we feature in the magazine are ornamental. That is how we see them.
  4. I could lie to you and say they're interested in their brains as well, but on the whole, we're not
I know all I mentioned is four but you should know there are many more and that more importantly those are really big one's that could as well account for 4 times as many of sexist quotes. He too has (unfortunately gladly) received the shameful title.

sunny, fashion, summer

Even though the world is filled with turds, jerks, and just plain bad people, not everyone has to live under the regretful title. There are some big time feminist out there;

  • Me
  • Harry Styles
  • Shailene Woodly
  • Pharrell
  • John Legend
  • Lena Dunham
  • Beyonce


All of these people publicly announced that they want to officially be under the category; Feminist. That includes myself being that right now this a Lydia Gafford quote; "I hope people can consider me as an extreme feminist. Equal rights between men and women is the sort of thing that I believe in so much, I rather die fighting for it, then live in a part of the world where I can't have it." I know it's dramatic but I do not care.

I want to be a person who can tell a simple difference between right and wrong. All of the previously mentioned people who have been labeled as feminist are intelligent enough to know that. Beyonce came into her latest interview wearing a feminist crown! I wonder if I can get one like it.
Harry Styles has been opening concerts with his thoughts about how much he supports women's rights.
Shailene Woodly won't admit to the label but is still supporting equal rights.
That's just a few examples, google some more if you wish.

What do I say about drafting women, well, I hope it doesn't come to that, but we should be equal. And for any women in the military, you go girl!

----
 Wow! That was a very heartfelt post. I usually don't do very heavy post like that one my blog. 

 
So..... How did you like the post? Would you call yourself a feminist? What other feminists do you know of? Do you agree with what was said? Should I do more posts on kind of hard topics like this? Would you like to see a girl power post?

8 comments:

  1. Wow, I must admit that that was a pretty extreme and "deep" feminist post!
    I have to say, good job Lydia for being so confident and driven with your what your passionate about, women's rights. Great job.
    I myself am not a feminist, because honestly the topic doesn't bother me. Sometimes I feel that women are possibly taking feminism too far and maybe making men feel bad or ashamed? I'm not sure if that is correct tho...
    -Elsa :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Ya, I think she did pretty good as well. It is so awesome when you have something that you believe in so passionately! I kind of agree with you on that point. Some women in my opinion are taking it way way to far. But in some places women really don't have equal rights and it's really bad. I'm happy you shared your opinion!

      Delete
  2. Great post. Well done. Keep going
    You have a interesting blog.
    I hope you will like mine
    xoxo
    www.welovefur.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm happy you think so :)I do like yours!

      Delete
  3. that was a great post, does your friend have a blog too? I would defo call myself a feminist. GIRL POWER!

    By the way, that post I mentioned in my last post (The Truth Behind Blogging) is now published so I thought as a fellow blogger, you might like to check it out?! http://whatlexieloves.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/the-truth-behind-blogging.html

    Lexie | www.whatlexieloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lexie! She doesn't sadly though I really think she should have a blog. She would be so good at it! I know right? GO GIRL POWER!!!! I'll totally check it out :)

      Delete
  4. Absolutely great post, truly worth to read it, I love it, thank you for sharing!!!

    xxx

    www.noragouma.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nora! Totally! I'm happy you like it :)

      Delete

01 09 10