Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Discovering Middle School // Collab



Today I have a super exiting post planned! A bit longer then a month ago me and Bubbles were talking about doing another collab. We already did one where I interviewed her here. Pretty much since she is so awesome I wanted to work with her more. We decided we would do a post where we share our thoughts about starting middle school one week at a time. You can see her post here.  Let's get started!




Oh my god. I am actually starting middle school in a WEEK. This feels so unreal. It means I will actually be a teen. A TEEN! And that means I won't be a kid anymore. That is a scary thought. I wonder what teachers I will get. I will have so many of them. Hopefully I will get in some classes with my friends. I mean I have like 6 friends going there so with 10 classes and multiple teachers per subject that means. *Trys to think like a math genius and fails*. Like 1% chance! Also it is so annoying that I haven't gotten my schedule yet. I am getting it on the first day of school. I mean I kind of want to memorize and talk with my friends about it before school starts. Week before school friend meet-up ritual people? It's sacred! Also what kind of locker will I have? A bottom or top locker? I really want a top one but I have this bad feeling that I will get a bottom one. Wait but what if thinking about makes it come true  *stops thinking about lockers*. Also where will it be? Bahh I'm thinking about again. Shut up mind! What about my school supplies and backpack. Will people actually like my stuff? Or not? I hope they do. I mean all of the people who comment on my blog seemed to think they were cute. So it has to be at least semi cute. Maybe. Ahh! Plus I will proably be walking to school alone for once in my life. And it is like a million minutes away (well it is actually about 15 minutes but with books on my back it will probably feel like a million). Hopefully I can get some of my friends to walk with me. Like I. Or L. Or the other L. They live close to me. Sort of. You know I liked it better when I lived right across the street from the school. It took about a minute to walk. Also what about the dress code. Will they like my shirt? I mean of course they will.  It is like a uniform shirt. I think I am going to wear the purple ones with some jeans. That has to be cute. Also what is if I get detention? And get in trouble? That happens a lot in the movies.  No! I am vowing to myself now that I will not get in trouble! But can I really keep that vow? I mean of course I can. I'm a good student. Right? I mean I think I am. I get good grades usually. Sometimes. I am going to fail life aren't I. Yeah I totally am. 



*Wakes up*. OK today is the day. The day I start middle school *smiles and then falls out of bed* *gets dressed*. Hmmmm.... How do I look. Do I look OK. I want everyone at school to see that I am good and I don't want to look bad *asked every singles person I see if I look OK* . *Drives to school* Ok this is middle school. This is where I will be for the next 180 or so days. Oh yay it's my friends. *Goes to homeroom* well this teacher seems quite nice. Oh my gosh it is my schedule! What is here. Hmmm. A much of boring stuff. More stuff. Theater! Sounds fun. I am also the first one here. Is that bad? Maybe? Oh no my notebook is breaking. On the first day of school. Just my luck. I have like a million of these at home. *Goes to other class* so this one is called enrichment. What in the world do I do here? I like the teachers tie though. I actually really like this teacher. He is nice *goes to other class*. Oh yay media and lunch. Hmmm. But what if I can't find my friends? Where will I sit? Lunch sounds less appetizing now. But actually my friends are in this class with me so we can just walk *walks with friends to lunch*. You know finding a table wasn't as bad as I thought. It was OK. Plus the 8th graders aren't actually killing each other so I know that information was false. This lunch is actually pretty good. The food tastes good at least. I think I have gotten better at making sandwiches. So what do I have have next? English. Hmm. Oh my gosh I have this with my friend. Yay *goes to English*. This teacher looks nice. She is pretty laid back I think. Boom. And then there is only 1 more hour of school in which I will have math *goes to math* *gets lost in the hall going to math* dies*. Ok so now that I finally got to the class. This teacher looks pretty nice. She is very organized. And pretty young. And kind of strict. I actually like this teacher *bell rings*. Yayay! End of the daaay. Of my first day of middle schoooolll.




Wow. So I have actually completed a whole day of middle school. And I haven't died. Or gotten hurt. Or failed. Or turned into a zombie. I am having a pretty good life right now. I feel very accomplished that I got through the week. Today is Monday which means it is exactly a week after the fisrt week of school. I haven't memorized my whole schedule yet but I am getting there. I got my gym locker today. I am extremely scared of changing in front of everyone though. I don't even change in front of my sisters or my mom. Definitely not strangers that are in my grade. I am suposed to get my lockers tomorow. Hopefully I actually am going to get them. We were suposed to find out where our lockers were on Wednesday but some guy quit so of course that didn't work. I really want to decorate my locker and make it look cute. I wonder what I should do. My parents won't but me any of those cool mirrors. I don't think I already have any cute small ones. Hmmmmmmm.......

---

And that is it folks! How did you like this post? As you can see I am a very sane 6th grader. Truly though school has been going OK so far. How has school been for you guys so far? Do you have any tips for me being a new middle schooler? Should I do more collabs? If you want to do a collab with me just email me at nabilaeve@gmail.com. Also make sure to check out Bubbles post here. 




11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy that middle school is going great for you. I'm in my last year of my current school so It's a little daunting for me as I have quite a few tests and this will be my last year with all my friends but I'm enjoying it so far!

    - Edie
    mintyperfections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does sound daunting. Haha. I wish you luck on your tests!

      Delete
  3. I'm in my second year of middle school. It seems overwhelming at first, but it gets easier as the year goes on. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome post! I had a wonderful time working with you! :)

    ~ Bubbles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bubbles! I had such a nice time working with you as well!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you are figuring it all out. Hope you have a wonderful year! Love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am kind of figuring it out. Thanks! I love you too!

      Delete
  6. Ah this post took me waaay back, we don't have middle school in the UK (the closest we have is secondary school from age 11-18) but I totally relate to how you must have felt! I'm glad everything's going good xx
    www.britishmermaid.com

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10