Monday, January 23, 2017

How to Successfully Finish a Group Project With an A+ in 7 Steps



Hello everyone!! How has your week been? Amazing? Not so amazing. So so? Well I hope everyone is feeling well. But before we start I want to clear something up. I am not an expert at school or anything. I actually don't know everything. Anyway today I have decided to do a post on group projects. Recently I had to do a gt math project where we got a virtual million dollars and then we have to make something with it (my group did amazingly if you were wondering). So since I have learned some things over my six years of being at school (I am a six grader) I have decided to share some of my knowledge with you all.

1. If you get to choose your group pick very wisely

Your team members can basiclly decide if you fail or not so you must pick with caution and thought. Get the smartest, nicest, and most reliable people in the class. Friends are usually fine but don't pick on that alone and make sure that you won't goof off with the person. 


2. If you don't get to choose then take what you can get and make the most of it

Sadly a lot of times you don't get to choose your group partners *everyone nods heads sadly*. But you must make sure if you get someone that you don't like don't acknowledge it or else you can make the person feel bad. But you must make the most out of your group. Find everyone's talents (everyone has something) and don't cast anyone aside. 
 

3. Get everyones contact info 

If it is a one day project then don't bother but if it is something big get everyone's emails and phone numbers so that you guys can communicate. I recommend starting a group chat if everyone has a phone. 


4. Plan out what everyone will do

Personally I like working with the group but everything gets done faster if each person has a different job. Maybe one person will do a powerpoint. One will buy the poster board. One will design the logo. Assign these things early once you have decided what you will do.


5. Write everything down

A lot of times I will be talking with my partner or group and then we will come up with the best idea. Like 100 worthy idea and we talk about it all day. But then the next day no one can remember it. This is like a tip for everything. Make sure to write everything down that is at all important. 


6. Don't get to bossy or controling

This is personally something that I have to work on. Many times when my group is being annoying or if they are not doing everything exactly right I get kind of angry. I am already a bossy person but that is when I go full on controlling. It makes everyone in a bad mood when I do that. Soo mind your volume and always check yourself, Unless there is like an elected leader there is no leader or person in charge. 


7. If you have to present it PRACTICE

Plan out what everyone has to say and practice your whole speech at least once. Messing up or having to make something up on the spot is both humiliating and will get you a bad grade. Like on everything you must must must practice.  

And that is it for today folks. Comment down below what is your favroite group project you have ever done, your tips when working in a group, and maybe some blog post suggestions for me. Love you and bye!

4 comments:

  1. These are such helpful tips! Thank you! My favorite group project was when my group and I got to make a pretend birthday party.

    xx Bubbles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy that you found my post helpful Bubbles! That sounds like a fun group project. :)

      Delete
  2. It's been a while since I stopped by. I'm going to have to check in more often because you're really getting good at this. You're blog is impressive. Great sense of style.

    --Ray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ray! Well I am happy that you decided to look at my blog again. I am always growing and it makes me really happy that you think my blog is impressive. :) Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

01 09 10