Saturday, July 15, 2017

27 Things You Should Know Before You Start Middle School



Oh hi. I’m Nabila. I’m also a blogger. Oh yeah I’m also 12 and going into 7th grade. I bet you didn’t expect that. A 12 year old blogger? I know so weird. I’m a very weird person. So since I am going into 7th grade that means that last year at this time I was going into 6th grade which in the US means starting middle school. It is extremely scary. You are going from elementary which is like a little kid school to middle school where you are supossed to be all responsible and its hard. Somehow I actually survived and I am still here to tell the story. Although the story is not really that interesting since I don’t have that much of an interesting life but you get the point! Because the transition is so hard I want to make it a little less hard for all of you guys who are going into 6th grade this year by listing a couple things you should know/just advice . Lets get started!

1. Don’t be scared 
2. Summer reading assignments are a thing
3. Friends are one of the most important things on the planet 
4. First impressions are everything 
5. Just because it is summer doesn’t mean you shouldn’t learn


6. Homework is important
7. The older kids aren’t crazy people (most of the time)
8. Trying to be cool is kind of stupid. Just being you is actually being cool
9. Some friends aren’t forever
10. Getting involved in drama (not the theater kind but the gossip kind) is never smart
11. If you have a hobby then sign up for a club or competition in something or get really involved in a class
12. Saying hi can sometimes do amazing good
13. Talk to people
14. Take classes that you enjoy
15. Whenever you can get ahead then do it
16. Most teachers aren’t idiots
17. So be nice to them
18. Middle school isn’t that horrible
19. It’s actually pretty awesome
20. Getting the correct school supplies is important



21. Actions almost always speak louder then words
22. Choose your friends wisely
23. Rules are there to protect you, not hurt you
24. Choose what you believe in not because it is popular, but because it is right
25. Don’t be afraid to reach out to new people
26. Don’t rely on one friend or teacher or person
27. Grades count


I originally was trying to list 100 and then 77 then 49 but I only need up doing 27 because why not. Sooooooooooo. Was that helpful to any of you guys? Are any of you guys starting middle school or 6th grade soon? If so are you scared? What are you most excited about? If not, what is your advice for people who are? Were you scared when you start middle school? Do you guys have any advice for me? If you are in school what grade are you in? Are any of you guys excited for school to start? If so why? I want to know!


5 comments:

  1. I'm past middle school, but those are good tips! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm starting middle school this year and......................... I'm mostly excited, kinda nervous. Mostly excited.
    -Dani Jones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the same way last year. :) I wish you luck!

      Delete

01 09 10