Monday, July 31, 2017

I Went To A Blog Conference!?


I am so excited right now I can't even describe to you how excited I am just using words. Like that is how excited I am. So If you read the title and you are confused because one, my age and two, I'm not a very popular blogger. Yes, I am 12 and my following is pretty small but I am very much telling the truth. I have talked about doing this multiple times on my blog this past month because I was so excited and now that it finally happened I'm still super happy. So pretty much what happened is one of my best friends moms emailed me and asked me if I wanted to go to this conference with her. She is a super cool cooking blogger (you can find her blog here) and so, of course, I said yes. I had never been to anything related to blogging before so I was basically freaking out the whole time.

 freaking out GIF

This is actual footage of me during the conference. 

If you want to read about and see pictures of what I did and also some things I learned then feel free to keep reading (I would love if you did). If you want to watch what I did then I also vlogged the event and made a youtube video about it which you can find here.  Enough of my blabbering though. Let's get started!




Since the conference was so early in the morning (it started at 8) the night before I stayed over at my friend's house. I almost never have sleepovers so that was super fun. She taught me how to play a cool card game and we had dinner. Usual sleepover stuff. 


The next day though I had to wake up at like 6:30 which is when I wake up on a school day. Like seriously. Not cool.


When we arrived at the conference I was beyond excited. I was told that it would be in separate buildings but to my happy surprise, it wasn't because walking outside in Texas right now is a horrible idea.


For the first hour or so I just kind of walked around and also ate a lot of donut/muffin like things that were super delicious.


The place was like a warehouse and an art gallery so the different talks and everything were in the rooms and all along the walls was art that looked very cool.


They had a super cute dream board.


I tried to take a selfie and failed.


There were so many people!

                                     

So to start it off there were some journalists talking about a bunch of different things that were kind of interesting but also confusing. As part of the conference, they had a super cool Gen Z track with a bunch of different things for people my age. Most of the people weren't actually bloggers and more like kids of the bloggers but it was still super fun. 


The first one was by two super cool sisters talking about self-confidence. Their mom is a blogger and they have a book that they wrote at 9 and 10. Like mind blown. I met them and they were very cool.


After that, a cool person who I think is a health blogger/speaker/something online person did a cool talk on being healthy and eating rainbow foods and not food that was made in a lab. I think most of the other people thought it was boring but I thought it was interesting since I have been interested in stuff like that recently.


Then lunch because people get hungry.


We went to this cool pizza place where you choose your toppings so I got a mini pizza with some kind of sauce and tomatoes and sausage and I think arugula. Not that much stuff but it was super delicious.


Then we went back to the conference and the next thing I went to was about podcasting which was beyond cool.


The next session was about video PSA's which means public service announcement. It sounds super weird but an example would be the ice bucket challenge. So we split up into groups and made videos. My group did one on redefining feminism which I surprisingly didn't come up with.


I forgot what this was called but it is some kind of bread dessert thing and it was so good.


They had ice cream! 


After the little ice cream break, the next session was about virtual reality and 360 cameras.


It was so cool to look at!


They had these cameras that took 360 videos which means it can see all around you. It looks kind of like a tv remote weirdly. We went all around the conference and videotaped it and the outcome looked really awesome.


In the last session, the person talked about being you and your talents and how you can help the world. After that, I was kind of tired and exhausted so we drove back to my friend's house where my mom then picked me up.



I'm going to list some stuff I learned from the conference and maybe teach you guys something.

-You actually can make friends with someone older than you
-Creating and uploading a podcast is easier than it looks
-You need to know who your audience is
-Write everything down
-Things like phones and computers have changed almost everything 
-It's possible to write a book at 9 years old
-Always be clear about what you are saying
-Video editing can actually be kind of easy
-My vlogging skills are horrible
-Blogging is amazing
-Bloggers have things like engaging audiences and marketing down to a science
-I'm better at making friends when I'm not guarded 
-My phones battery life seems to be getting worse
-What a Video PSA is
-It can be easy to make a video if you have the right equipment 
-My phone has questionable video quality
-Blogging conferences are awesome 
-A lot of things you see online are some kind of ad
-I'm more outgoing than a lot of people think I am
-Try and you might succeed 



I'm bad at listing things like that. I can never remember. This was such a cool experience for me and I'm happy I could share it with you guys. :) If you liked this post make sure to follow my blog because then you can see more of my posts and it makes me super happy so there is that. What are your thoughts on this? Have you ever been to a conference? If so have you ever been to a blogging conference? If so was it awesome? Have you ever been to any blogging event? Do you have a blog (if so comment it down below)? Any thoughts on this post at all whatsoever? What is your favorite picture?


My video that you should totally go check out.



11 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! Maybe I'll try to go to one someday...in the far future! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been to a blog conference before! I loved all the pictures, and its so awesome you got to go!

    xx Bubbles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah, this all seems like so much fun! I'm rather jealous.

    Also, just a head's up: I'm revealing two things on the blog tomorrow! One is a tag idea I've been working on for some time, and the other is an actvitity that the blogging community did last year, so if you'd like to check that out, it'll be up on my blog then! ^.^

    xoxo Abigail Lennah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. :)

      Ok cool! I will totally go check that out.

      Delete
  4. that sounds so much fun! wish I had the time to attend conferences haha

    x nicole ᵔᴥᵔ | www.nicolesmind.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun! Thanks for commenting. :)

      Delete
  5. Haha it's fine. :)

    Thanks Charis and yeah I had an amazing time! You know people mispronounce my name all the time so I get you thinking it was pronounced that way. I'm pretty sure you can relate with your name. Haha.

    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10