Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Everything Is Here For Reason


This photos has everything to do with this post. Everything.
This thought was actually sparked at a Walmart I went to recently. We were walking around and I was basically drooling at the school supplies because I love school supplies. I was noticing that a lot of the things said things like “Be Yourself” or something like that. The US is a very “you” country. There is a more scientific name for this that I can’t spell at the current moment but that's ok. What I mean by this is that we are very proud of ourselves and it matters what “you” do and less what a “team” does. I had like the best History Teacher in the entire world last year and he did a lesson on this and it was really cool. 
So this made me think of something my mom told me a couple years ago. I forgot exactly why but I remember it to this day. My mom is a pretty wise person. She was telling me how everything is made and created for a reason. Actually I remember now. I think I was complaining about cockroaches and how they didn’t do anything good. Sh explained to me that I was entirely wrong. In our homes they are just annoying but out in they wild they have a job just like every other living thing. What that job is I have forgotten and I’m not going to look it up because I admit I’m lazy.
But if you think about it. She was right. This reminds me of science and the food chain. If only one species dies or grows bigger or smaller in some way the whole food chain changes and could stop working. It just won’t work. Humans are interesting though. I’m not sure what we do. Most of the time we just destroy other animals and ecosystems and other systems and lives. We really need to be more careful about that.
Even though humans to the environment are kind of failing, in our lives we are pretty important. I’m not sure if I totally believe this but I feel like we are all here for a reason. In the Hugo movie, which I watched recently, Hugo, the main character, talked about how in a machine there are no extra pieces. Everything is there for a reason. So if the world was a big machine he couldn’t have been and extra part and he had to be there for a reason. He was kind of sad but really smart little boy. 
Not everyone’s going to become president or a star or an internet sensation but you don’t have to be any of those things to make a difference. Any regular person can make a difference in the world. It could be becoming friends with someone who sad and literally saving a life. Or it could be just having a conversation with someone that makes them think about something that changes everything for them. It could be being a teacher and inspiring a student to pursue there dreams. It could also falling in love with someone and changing your and there lives forever. 
You know even pain is here for a reason, which is also something my mom said. As I have said before, I have a pretty cool mom. I have never experienced really bad pain like some people have so this is probably easier to say for me but it is true. This is the example my mom told me when I did not understand what she was saying one bit. She said that if your hand is on something hot you would probably pull away because you can feel the heat. Butttt what if you can’t feel it, you could burn your hand which could literally destroy your hand forever. 
A lot of people try to do things like lets say get a job or become friends with someone. Sometimes it is just luck because the world is not fair but thats not a very happy way to think about. Instead we can  think about it like Katy Perry once said in a pretty awesome song. One of the lines in her song Firework which is by the way amazing is this “Maybe a reason why all the doors are closed, so you can open one that leads you to a perfect road”. Not everyones life is going to be perfect because as I said not everything is fair but if you think like that you will be a million times happier. If something doesn’t work out it probably happened because that was not the right thing for you.
The only thing I haven’t found a reason for is mosquitos. Like seriously. Are they here to remind us how evil we are or something???? Because I can’t find another reason. They are just annoying little things that spread diseases and make it hard to go outside and bite you. This post was so calm and collected and then I had to say that. I regret nothing. Absolutelly nothing. 


And that was 831 words about an important topic. Kind of. I feel proud of myself. I’m also 12. Bet you didn’t guess that if you didn’t know me already. Boom! I am one of the nerdiest 12 years olds on the planet which you might disagree with but wait. I realized this the other day when I was legit having a conversation about discrimination and things like that over text with one of my friends the other day. And we were sending full on paragraphs to each other and it was a lot of fun. I’m not sure what type of nerd that is but it's a thing. Soooooo did you like this post? If you did I would absolutely love if you could maybe possibly follow my blog by pressing that follow button on the sidebar to the left of the screen. No but like seriously did you like this post? Should I do more deep think type posts like this? Did you agree/disagree with any of it? Any thoughts at all whatsoever? What is something someone has told you that has stuck with you to this day? What is your favorite song that has an inspiring message?



16 comments:

  1. I'm stunned by this post. The fact is, there's a bunch of things I want to say and I can't. I've been reminded lately, again and again, of the perils of living an unconventional life; taking the road less traveled; the things I haven't had and told myself I didn't need.

    I know none of this makes sense to you. But you made me remember something I'd long forgotten. That's quite an accomplishment. It's my fault not yours that it hurts like hell.

    Sorry to be so weird. This is the best thing you've written.

    --Ray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes perfect sense to me, Ray. No worries :)
      Am I weird? Have you been able to guess my age? I can't tell you, though.

      Delete
    2. Saanvi, I'll guess 11. Why? Because a teen wouldn't be caught dead on a 12yo's site, you just said you aren't 12, and I just refuse to believe you're any younger. So there!

      Delete
    3. Oh, I see how it is. So you won't believe that I COULD be younger? Or that I COULD be older?
      (Plus, you're a grown man on a 12 year old site.)

      Delete
    4. Also, if you didn't know, not all people are the same. You had to ask me if I was an adult, didn't you? :)

      Delete
    5. So, I'll say that I may or may not be 11.

      Delete
    6. That means you're DEFINETLY 11.

      Yes, I'm an adult on a 12yo's site. That's scary. I hadn't thought much of it till now. It says something about me that the greatest concern I've had about talking to Nabila is that I might impart to her a small measure of my own cynicism and general gloom. Everyone needs HOPE and OPTIMISM to face the future.

      I need to give this some thought. I can see myself becoming dependent on this amazing kid. That, of course, would eventually be devastating.

      I can't seem to do anything without a nudge (or a kick in the head). Good on ya', Saanvi!

      --Ray

      Delete
    7. Alright, whatever, Ray. P.S. I used to have a friend called Raymond but everyone called him Ray. How funny?

      Delete
  2. *Claps* Well said!
    You're also one of the most awesome twelve year olds on the planet, Nabila! Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did we talk about this recently? I feel like we did. Maybe we talked about a while ago and it just feels recent. Either way this post was really insightful! Keep it up! Maybe you should have a written debate about that never ending beauty standards conversation. I think It would be interesting to talk more about this kind of thing. Also, I think what your Mom said is a core memory now! #Insideout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know Lydia. We might have. That is a real possibly. Haha. Thanks! I might do a post on that. Oh my gosh it is a core memory. #InsideOutFanAndProudOfIt

      Delete
  4. Lovely post Nabila! I agree with the comments above, you are an amazing 12 year old!!

    xx Bubbles

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to have that piece of important realization/information at such a young age. It would be really helpful for your growth. When I was your age, I probably am worrying about something shallow. 😂 Great post Nabila!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10