Monday, February 19, 2018

Small Things You Can Change To Just Be An Overall Happier And More Productive Human Being


Something I've really worked on this past maybe year and a half is being more positive. One of the things that both kind of amazes me and just makes me so so happy is that I would say I've actually accomplished this! If you've met me recently, especially through social media, you will know I am pretty positive. I absolutely always try to find the bright side of things and I'm just an overall really quite happy human being.

I definitely wasn't always like that, though. I'm honestly not sure exactly what flipped for me. Maybe just all the bad things I heard about middle school and I couldn't deal with having a bad three years so I made up this happiness?? Or maybe I'm just like more mature?? Not sure??

Today, I'm going to be listing a bunch of small and super-easy tips to help you be more positive and happy and productive and just cool. :) I'm honestly really excited for this post as I think people online are always so negative (which I hate) but this is a post literally about how to be positive and happy and stuff SO IT'S GOOD.

1. Don't Hate Mondays

Mondays are one of those things that are just universally hated. And, yeah, I get it. When you've been having a nice weekend, it's hard to go back to school/work. You're tired and don't want to wake up early after sleeping in. Buuuuttttt just like most things on this list it's all about the mindset. Instead, think of it a fresh start. A new challenge to overcome. A new opportunity to succeed. Also, just don't go to bed late on Sunday. That will just make you tired on Monday, which will make it even worse. 

2. Wear What Makes You Feel Good

Lately, I've learned what types of clothes make me happy, which is just awesome! Instead of just wearing something that you don't really like, maybe make a little more effort and wear something you do like. This is one of the easiest ways to lift your mood because it's an all-day thing! Wearing something you like can refer to both dressing up or just feeling lazy and wearing sweatpants. When I'm wearing my boots and one of my cool colored pants I just feel so much better about myself. :)

Me wearing something I like! 

3. Let Yourself Have Lazy Days 

Just being lazy sometimes is so important. When you have an endless checklist of just stuff it's so stressful. I was definitely doing this to myself this summer with the whole posting everyday thing. I was giving myself too much to do and making these lists and getting myself all worked up over stuff that was really no big deal. Feel free--at least sometimes--to be lazy. Wear pajamas and binge watch tv. It's okay. Really. You have my permission.

4. Surround Yourself With People You Love

Whether it's family or friends, try to surround yourself with people who make you happy. If you ever have a friend who may not really be a friend, just...don't. Try not to hang out with that person that much. In addition, try to reach out to people, and try not to be afraid to be vulnerable. When I'm sad, my cure-all is hanging out with my friends. 


5. Be A Part Of Something

For example, don't be afraid to join some clubs at school! Or audition for the school musical! When you're a part of something, at least for me, it feels like I have a purpose, you know? This is also a fabulous way to make friends! And as noted above, friends are very cool. Plus, when you actually get into whatever it is...boom! Instant energy booster! :)

6. Have A Hobby

Have something that just makes you, you. That way, when you introduce yourself in an interview or Instagram bio, you can say "Hi I'm *insert your name* and I love *insert thing.*" For a while, I felt like I just wasn't that great at anything and that I didn't have anything that made me, me. That was not good and I realized that first of all, I'm great at lots of things and that you don't have to be perfect at anything. But also I really embraced blogging and it's made me so much happier!


7. Get The Amount Of Sleep That You Need

One of the worst things ever for mood is when you're tired and just don't want to function. Instead of just slugging around all day, first of all, know your body. Know how much sleep you need to function well. I know lots of people can actually stay up late but quite a lot of people just can't and they need a lot of sleep. So who are you? Know yourself. Know if you need sleep and how much and try to stick to that. NO ALL NIGHTERS.

8. Don't Watch Local News

Local news is seriously depressing. Like seriously. It's just a bunch of random people dying and being murdered and just ugggggg. The other day, one of my classmates who flooded just moved back into her house and then it freaking burns down and it was on the news and someone told me this AND IT'S SAD OK BEING SAD EQUALS NOT HAPPY. I'm not like still really emotional about this can't you notice??? Haha yeah.... And shootings and just ugggggggg. 

9. Eat Fresh And Healthy 

I've been bringing a salad to school lately, and I honestly love it! I used to just take regular sandwiches, and it was always kind of bland and definitely didn't bring up my mood. But with a salad, I, first of all, look forward to my lunch. I just get a super easy salad mix thing and then get a good dressing which I really enjoy. Second, eating healthy things like said salad actually do bring up your mood. It's fresh and can basically be like splashing water on your face EXCEPT WITH FOOD. 

10. Let Yourself Cry 

And have other emotions in general. I am by no means saying in this post that you should always be happy. No one is always happy, well, except for maybe Smiler in the Emoji Movie. And she ends up trying to take over the world. But it's okay to NOT be happy sometimes. I think some people really need to realize that. Let yourself be sad and angry and all of those things. When you bottle up your emotions, you will eventually explode and that's never pretty. But also realize your triggers and try to stay away from them. 



That was getting too long, so I had to end it. BUT if you want a part two, comment down below! I loved this post, and I hope this maybe helps some people or at the very least just lets you see into my mind. :) Also I'm thinking of doing a little update post where I share with y'all what's been happening to me lately (moving and house getting torn down and other things). Would you guys like that?

If you aren't following me on both Instagram and Bloglovin, what are you waiting for?

Shoutout to Isabel for taking these pics of me!

Did you like this post? What kind of posts would you like to see from me in the future? What are some things that make you happy? What would you add to this list? What is your favorite thing to do when you're feeling down?



7 comments:

  1. I'll tell you a secret. Every once in a while, when I'm feeling particularly down, I come here and read your blog. It never fails to brighten my day. You're doing good, kid.

    Thank Miss Wizzy for the gorgeous photos. That face! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great tips! I also recommend to stop procrastinating as it only creates temporary happiness. And pets make me so happy. Even other people’s friendly pets. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ahhhh I'm so bad at procrastinating! Like it's an actual problem of mine lol. Pets and cute animals in general are just amazing.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE your blog! Your blog posts are written very well too! Keep up the good work! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, you are super pretty! I love your pictures

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10