Monday, February 26, 2018

Hello


HELLO

Is this true?
The dislike I feel

HELLO

I will keep saying it
And saying it
Until finally
Finally, you hear
What I have to say

HELLO

When will you actually listen?

HELLO

You know
Haha
I'm started to wonder
How
And why
We were ever friends

HELLO

You don't even seem to understand me at all

HELLO

With your childish games
You confuse me
I don't think you understand
We're not kids anymore

HELLO

You know I used to look up to you
When we were younger

HELLO

You were this crazy cool individual
Friends with everyone
Didn't care what anyone thought

HELLO

And I loved that
Then we became friends
And it was good

HELLO

But now I'm not so sure

HELLO

You must have changed
But I guess so have I

HELLO

We are just so different now
We've both matured
And that's ok
Maybe one of us more than the other

HELLO

Friends do grow apart
I guess
It's a normal thing

HELLO

Do you realize now how much you meant to me?
I am having a hard time
Coming to peace
With how we really aren't friends anymore
Even when
I don't think you ever thought of us
As true friends

HELLO

Well
I guess

GOODBYE

                                                                                                                              -July 31, 2016

At first when I read this (found it in my notebook) I thought it was about a falling out I had with a friend last year, but the date is totally wrong, so I don't know. It's also kind of terrible and over dramatic, but now you can see how I've gotten better. :) If you haven't already followed me on bloglovin' and Instagram (I just hit 500 on there actually!!), it would make my day if you could! Also, I'm going to be doing a more of these types of posts in the future because I've been writing quite a bit of short story type things and poems like this! 

What type of posts would you like to see more from me? Have you had any bad friend breakups? What's your biggest friend related advice? What time is it where you are right now? Are you a blogger? If so make sure to comment your blog url!


7 comments:

  1. They rhythm was a little off in some places, but I really liked it! I love your style of poetry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks so much Evy! Yeah I'm trying to get better. :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Nabila,
    This post was beautiful- I love your style of writing! I'm already into poetry but I'm finally thinking of becoming a poet. I find that this poem perfectly describes how I felt about letting go of a close friend.
    The time here in California is 10:40 A.M. It's wonderful to just wake up at 8 and take a walk around the neighborhood.
    And yes, I'm a blogger! My blog is A Scribbling Fury
    Stay in touch?
    ~dialia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much Dialia!! I'm happy you like it! You should so do some poetry!! I would love to read it.
      Yeah we should definitely stay in touch!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful poem. Your words are very pure and touching. Keep up the good posts! I look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10