Monday, April 9, 2018

Life Update Including Moving, House Getting Torn Down, Being On The Radio + Other Things


I haven't done a personal post just talking about life in soooooooooooooo longgggggggg. Because  some stuff has been happening to me lately I thought it would be good to do a little update post! I've been meaning to do this for the longest time but I just haven't gotten around to it. Hopefully you'll be able to understand what I'm saying haha. I'm basically going from this post on kind of. I don't know. This is already going just soooo well.
-The first few months after we flooded were just freaking weird. Pretty much everything changed and schedules were weird and we did things we would never have done before like actually get food from fast food places and stay really long at my friends houses, where I went after school, even on school nights. The parents were always working on stuff and it was just a lot.


-We stayed at the house we moved to after harvey for maybe 4 months. That was a really interesting 4 months. Untilllll another house opened up and my parents decided we would move there because it was a lot closer to school and it was bigger and just overall good things. At first I was honestly really opposed to moving because we had just gotten settled and I think I just really didn't want anymore change?? Like you know??


-I know now that it was a really good decision and I'm a lot happier! So right before Christmas, we moved! The house we're staying in now is so much better and bigger and just nicer than the tiny one we where staying in. It is actually walking distance from my school (I mean it's 20 minutes so not the 5 minutes of my old flooded one but it's still really good). I feel better inviting friends over and it's just so much better.


-For Christmas we went to my grandparents house in South Carolina! It was really nice and I had a nice time hanging out with them. Also during that time though our old (flooded) house got torn down. I got to say goodbye to it before we left but it was still really emotional. It was falling to the ground and we were in another state and just the thought that it was this empty lot was kind of a lot because I had so many memories in it you know?


-Ok I promise this is the last sad flood thing haha but recently I had to say goodbye my old elementary school. It flooded as well and for a while they thought they were just going to remodel it but they got some grant so they decided to tear it down and build a new building. That's overall good as it will be good for the neighborhood and the school and but it's still sad you know?


They had a little goodbye party and everyone put there hand prints, name, and graduating year on the wall. I would have put my last name as well but there was no need haha.

-I did UIL theatre this year in school which has been super cool! It's basically a theatre competition and we did steel magnolias which was super fun. I was only an understudy and we didn't actually advance haha but still cool.

-Speaking of school I've been having a great year school wise! All of my classes have been super cool. I've gotten to be MC's for two shows which was like the best thing. Annnndddd I'm in yearbook at my school and we officially finished it and made the deadline! So congrats to us haha.


-A couple of weeks ago I also got to go on the radio with school! It was me and a couple of my friends and we read a couple journalism pieces we wrote. It was such a cool experience! Thanks for everyone who listened and told me I did well!! :)


Featuring a terrible selfie with my friend who did it as well haha. :)

-I've also been to a couple marches this year! We went to the Women's March in January, another Women's March recently, and of course the March For Our Lives! I filmed a vlog for the March For Our Lives and last weeks post was also on that if you missed it. :) :)


-I hit 40 subscribers on youtube! Yes yes I know this isn't that much but it made me happy ok don't judge. If you're not subscribed to me by the way you really should. :0

-I got to see Grace Vanderwall in concert and oh my gosh ahhhhhhhhhh!!!! She was so good and it was one of my first concerts and it was for my birthday and it was just freaking good.


-I actually started working with some brands on insta recently which has made me happy. :) If you want a full post with discount codes comment down below!

-Today there was a gun threat someone posted on Instagram and like half the kids didn't go to school, like everyone was scared, and just ahhhhhhhh. < How I feel at the moment

There is probably other stuff I could talk about and wanted to talk about but I can't remember anything else right now so that's that. If you want to keep up with my daily life, make sure to follow me on Instagram! 

What have y'all been up to lately? What kind of posts do you want to see from me in the future?


6 comments:

  1. I'm glad y'all are settling down more after Harvey!<3

    Congrats on hitting forty subs! *throws confetti*

    You got to see Grace Vanderwall in concert?!?! Wow! She's so talented-it blows my mind.

    That's so awful about the gun threat, how scary. :/ I'm so sorry that happen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gray!

      I did get to see Grace!! She was absolutely so amazing!!! I love her music so much!

      Yeah it was really scary. Thankfully nothing ended up happening and they just arrested the person who made the threat today. :)

      Delete
  2. This is such a cute and personal little post to read - I love life updates!! And those marches you’ve been to sound amazing too!!

    Heather xoxo
    https://www.hefafa.me.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Heather! Yeah they're really cool!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad things worked out well. It's great that you prefer your new house now, haha xD

    Also, did you like the fast food that you ordered? Your family seems quite health conscious. What sort of food do you normally eat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. :)

      I think I did like it but also it was just kind of newish since we don't normally eat out. We're not like the healthiest people or anything but we're trying haha. My dad usually cooks and he's really. I think it's mostly though we just never go out to eat.

      Delete

01 09 10