Thursday, December 6, 2018

Weekend In New Orleans | Photo Diary


I got to go to New Orleans a bit ago and I had soooooo much fun! This post would have been up earlier but I went on my birthday aka october so I didn't have time to work on this cause I had to work on all of those collab posts for last month. :) Now though I do have timmmmme. Get reading for a bunch of pictures and everything we did!


I also did a vlog of the trip so make sure to check that out! If you aren't already subscribed to my channel it would make me super happy if you could do that as well! 

One the way we stopped at the rest area on the border and it's so nice! They also had this cool star so I had to snap a little pic. :)


The first thing we did when we got there after checking in the hotel was go to the famous Cafe De Monde. It was my first time trying a beignet and I was definitely not disappointed! 



The view from our hotel! It was gorgeous and it was so cool to look over the city. 



THERE ARE SO MANY CUTE PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES WE APPROVE SO MUCH. 



The first thing we did on our first full day was go to the world war two museum and y'all. This museum IS AMAZING. I loved it so so so so muchhhhh. I always love museums but this was the best one I had ever been to. Basically when you walk in you are assigned a dog tag and a real life person who went through world war two. Then as you walk through the museum there are little stations and you can scan your card and it tells you what your person was doing during the battle. They had such cool videos and the decorations and just ahhhhhh I could not recommend it enough. 




Around lunch time we got hungry and decided we had to go get something to eat. Note the museum does take about 6/7 hours to really go through it. For lunch we went to Cochon Burger and everything was really good! I had a sandwich and some mac and cheese which were extremely excellent. Plus the place itself was quite cute!! They had little star wars figures and indiana jones and just pretty much every geeky thing you could think of. In the entrance they had this table where they basically made a model of the store and put a bunch of characters from different movies in it and it was kind of the best thing ever. 



There was like at least four buildings and one of them was this hanger with just a bunch of airplanes! They looked so cool! 





Once we were done with the museum we went to preservation hall which is this crazy famous place in new orleans! They had this band playing jazz and they were really good! 


For dinner we went to Acme Oyster House and got these absolutelly amazingggggggggggg oysters!! They were the chargrilled oysters and they had cheese and butter on top and just oh my gosh. Those things were amazing. 


The next day we went on a little walk along the river. 


And went shopping! My sis got a couple of things there that I included in my birthday haul video if you want to check that out. :) 



After lunch (at some place which I very much forgot) we went to this amazing cemetery! It was so cool to look at everything. Because new orleans is so far down all of the graves are above ground and it was really cool to see all of these super old graves. 



Doesn't this look so cool?? There were so many cute shops that we stopped in. :)



And then it was time to go home! 

It was a really fun trip and I'm so happy we got to go!! Make sure to check out the vlog I did of the trip here. 

Other photo diaries:


Have you ever been to New Orleans? What's your favorite city you've ever been to? 



8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time! I really enjoyed looking at your pictures, New Orleans looks like an awesome place 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did!! So happy you liked the pictures Andrea. :)

      Delete
  2. Man, that looks so interesting! I'm glad you had so much fun. Personally, I don't know what to do when I go into museums? I feel that I'm just awkwardly standing there and don't know what to look at. And the food sounds delicious *sighs*

    Have I been to New Orleans? No, I have not xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah ok so this was the good thing about this museum! It was like a whole little journey with things to do at each section. It was really cool. Yessss the food was great.

      You should!!

      Delete
  3. That sounds really awesome! I liked how you ended the post with " and then it was time to go home." And had the photo that went along with the caption being you climbing into a old train boxcar. And the WWII Museum sounded awesome also! Sorry that I am so late for commenting and such. Life done been crazy. But awesome photo dump. It reminded me when I went to D.C. over fall break and went into a boat load of museums. Anyways, awesome photos and looks like ya had an awesome trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was!! Oh yeah it did haha. You're so right. The WWII museum was amazing! I loved it! Oh that sounds so fun!! :)

      Delete
  4. Ooh, looks like a fabulous time! Love all the pictures. :D
    I've never been to New Orleans, but I definitely want to go someday!
    ~Kathryn // inthedepthsofdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awesome! So happy you like them. :)
      You totally should! You would love it!

      Delete

01 09 10