Monday, December 31, 2018

2018 Recap


It's New Year's Eve and let me just say woah. THIS YEAR WENT BY REALLY FAST ESPECIALLY THE SCHOOL YEAR LIKE WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED HELP. As I've done in past years (2016 and 2017!) I thought I would do a fun recap of the year. Basically listing some stuff that happened to me this year. :) These posts are always fun to make, so I hope you enjoy ittttttttt. This year though I'm doing my goals separately! Look forward to a post on looking back on goals and new goals and stuff soon. :)

-Women's March which was super cool like last year 


-I GOT TO SEE GRACE VANDERWALL IN CONCERT AS A LATE BIRTHDAY AND Y'ALL THAT WAS FREAKING GREAT


-My elementary school got torn down :(


-My old house also got torn down
-Did yearbook (sadly not in it anymore cause of scheduling problems *cries*)
-Went to Marfa and Big Bend for spring break 


-Got into NJHS + was elected vice president for student council
-Got to read something I wrote on the radio
-I lived in the 3rd ward in Houston for a while (after the flood) which was really interesting but right after the break (not sure if this was in 2018 but I don't know I'm counting it) we moved into the house we live in now. It's a lot nicer and is closer to school and stuff which is so much better. Hopefully, by the end of 2019, I can say we're in our new new house (being built now!!!).
-The march for our lives happened! More and more (young) people got into politics and activism and it was super cool. 






-Started posting more on youtube
-Celebrated the end of the school year by hanging with lots of friends




-Did a little engineering camp and both built and programmed a robot 


-Celebrated 4th of July and got a cool photo of lightning and fireworks


-Spent a lot of my summer with my grandparents in South Carolina 
-Some of which was spent in Greenville!


-Caught lots of fish and was on the boat lots and lots while I was there
-Got to come home and see the beginnings of the house 


-Went to the miller outdoor theatre at lottttttt


-Hung out with lots of friends over summer
-Started 8th grade and my last year of middle school 


-Got to spend my birthday in New Orleans


-Had a fun scavenger hunt birthday party


-Started Karate 
-Spent a lot of time at the construction house 




-Also started Algebra (aka torture)
-Was elected historian for NJHS


-Thought a lot about life 
-Did The Best Christmas Pageant Ever and played Maxine and did a UIL competition and advanced to District!  


-Got my gold belt in Karate 


-Did lots of student council and NJHS stuff
-Met Jason Reynolds and got his new book




-Did a whole month of collabs for my blogiversary 
-Applied and decided where I'm going to high school 
-Lots of gifts and gift giving and white elephants and holiday parties


-Christmas 


-Hit 1.5 k on Instagram 
-Hit 180 on Bloglovin'
-Hit 1.5k on Pinterest 
-Hit 120 on Youtube
-Hit 1.3k email subscribers
-Hit 120 blogger followers

I hope y'all have an absolutely awesome 2019 and that you had an awesome 2018! 

What's something cool you did in 2018?


17 comments:

  1. literally the only thing fun i did in 2018 was see panic! at the disco live oof. (i tell people that i went to australia over the summer and they're all like "awe man that's so cool",, like it really wasnt i had to go to a funeral over there 🤷‍♀️).
    so now im just blasting beauty and the beast songs while typing this so i guess that's exciting i guess?
    -mckenzie
    the-anti-social-social-club.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok but panic at the disco live sounds amazing. Like if that's the only fun thing you did THEN THAT'S OK. And haha yes beauty and the beast music = super exciting.

      Delete
  2. Wow, you had such an eventful year! Happy 2019!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I did. :) I hope you have the best 2019 Gray!

      Delete
  3. It seems your 2018 was so interesting and many nice things happened to you! Happy new year!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. Congrats on an amazing year! I loved you calling Algebra torture (I'm still recovering! ;) ). Here's to an even more amazing 2019. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just so bad at it lol. It's not good. Happy new year!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a interesting year. Just wondering, what the tarnation is NJHS? Is it a specific school or something like that? Going to a women's march sounds like it would be interesting.......... Next semester I actually thought about taking a Women's Right's history class at my college . ( i'm 100% serious) then if someone kicked me due to me being a guy taking a women's rights history class and it being uncomfortable to them, I could file a discrimination against gender complaint, otherwise known as a Title 9, Cause if women and men should have the same rights, a guy should be allowed to take a Women's history class if he wanted to, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sorry I guess I never explained it haha. NJHS stands for National Junior Honor Society so it's like a club at my school. A women's rights history class sounds really cool! You should do that!

      Delete
    2. ok. I knew it may have not been a high school name, but I had thought and thought about it being a student council /body. The "elected" was what made me think it may have been a student body cause they are common in schools and have fancy titles. But . at the same time NHJS ssound a LOT like it might be the innitals for a high school because of the HS at the end, for example, NGHS stands for Northern Guilford High School. I reckoned the J might have stood for a county or city and the N stood for Northern. That's why I was not sure if it was something like a body or something like that OR a school. Thanks for explaining. :) And for the Women's history class, I may take it next time it is around. The head of the Horticulture Department/ My Adviser told me that more than the 3 classes I am taking would be a Bad idea, so I decided not to take ANY general education classes yet. Oh ya, on Monday I start my classes, and my first class is going to be Equipment Operations and Management. That sounds REALLY fun, don't it? I'm really excited to see how well I can do fixing tractors and such!

      Delete
    3. I know this is really random, but what classes do you plan on taking in 2019? I'm taking Equipment Operations and Management ( which since I can't use a steering wheel, may be rather interesting.), Greenhouse Operations ( Learn how to operate greenhouses, I reckon.) And Nursery Production( I guess that is how to grow things that will sell in greenhouse nurseries?) .....

      Delete
    4. Ahhh good luck with the classes! I hope they're fun! I'm taking all of regular academic classes and also algebra, IPC (integrated physics and chemistry), theatre, broadcast journalism, and karate. :) The second half of 2019 I'll be starting high school and I don't know what classes I'm taking yet.

      Delete
  6. Looks like 2018 was a great year for you!! Here's to a fabulous 2019 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was. Happy new years Rosie and I hope you have an amazing 2019 as welllllllll. :)

      Delete
  7. Sounds like 2018 was an amazing year for you! I really enjoyed looking at all these photos 😊 I hope 2019 is just as awesome for you as last year!🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was!! So happy you liked looking at the pictures Andrea. :)

      Delete

01 09 10