Thursday, November 19, 2015

Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard Book #1: Book Review

I was going through the library shelves trying to find something worth reading when I came across the rick riordan section. I almost skipped it since I had already read all the books by him (or so I thought) but a book with a vibrant color caught my eye. If you haven't guessed it yet, it was his new book, The Sword of Summer.  I had been wanting this book for a while (or at least since I knew he had a new book) but I never thought it would be at my local library. But for some reason it was.


Magnus Chase has had to take care of his own since the night his mother died. He's always stayed ahead of the police. But one day he learns someone else wants him ,his uncle Randolph, a man his mother told him to stay away from.  Randolph started telling him about a bunch of norse mythology and a mysterious weapon that has been lost and only he can recover it. His uncle keeps talking about doomsday, wolves, like he saw at his mother's death, and, the Gods of Asgard. Though he doesn't really have time to fathom all this before he hears loud sounds and if face to face with a fire giant.

From the chapter titles (with made me laugh more than once) to the snappy giants I loved this book. I love how Magnus narrates the story so that you can really know what he's thinking. One thing that was just the tiniest weird thing to me is that Disney was on the book. I think they might have been the publishers or something but when did they become publishers? Though if an author has struck a deal with disneys that pretty cool. If you have liked Rick Riordan's books in the past or just like magic, fantasy, mythology with real people than this is the book for you!

Also on a completely different note If you didn't already know the new star wars movie is coming out soon!

10 comments:

  1. I've really wanted to read this book, it's at the top of my TBR! Great book review :D

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful book review Nabila, if surely like to see more of these!

    Could you please fill in the form for your group? Thanks :) After that, I can begin the game!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I'll go fill in the form thing now

      Delete
  3. I just got this book at the bookstore, and I am so excited to read it (Rick Riordan's books are always winners). Your review is really good, and got me excited for the book. Thanks for the post!!
    -Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow now I want to read this ❤️
    Thanks for a great review xxx
    Laila
    www.lailabee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the book,nabila!πŸ˜€πŸ‘»πŸ£πŸΊπŸΆπŸ£πŸ‘€πŸ‘•

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10