Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Bayou Bend: Mansion and Beautiful Garden in the City // Things To Do In Houston

Hello, everyone! A couple of days ago, my family and I went to family day at Bayou Bend. Bayou Bend is a 14 acre piece of land owned by the Fine Arts Museum. It is mostly made up of beautiful gardens with an amazing house stuck in the middle. I personally think that this thing was a castle but I was informed by my father that this was incorrect.  But the most amazing thing about this house was the things inside. Each room was suposed to represent a different era. The person who originally owned the house was a collector and collected items from many different time periods. On the tours you can go through the house and learn about the rooms and the items. It is very cool. Anyway I took a couple of pictures and decided to show you guys. 


My dad. I actually really like this picture but I kind of wish that the person was me. The bridge was so cool. It was like an old draw bridge made adorable. 


The lighting is questionable in this photo.  Probably a fail. What do you guys think?


The statue is beautiful. My sister and mom are in the background. 


Like how cool are these windows? I love the border. Very old timey. 


That is my mom, by the way. She is quite photogenic. I have like the cutest mom in the whole world (no offense to other moms). 



Aren't the gardens beautiful?


It kind of looks like the alamo. 


Go yellow chairs!



And more yellow chairs!


The staircase might be one of my favroite parts of the house. 



This is one of the only portraits of the lady who used to own the house. 


I love this dining room so much!


Beautiful. 


I kind of liked the vibe from this room. 


Me going inside. 


Have I improved my posing skills at all? No? Yeah proably not. 


I love this photo so much! Like ahhh! I might be in love. My mom took it. She is seriously amazing. 


I love how the arch goes over the statue. 


I look bored don't I. Fun fact I am wearing the same leggings I was wearing
 that day as I type this. 



I am not sure about this photo. Also do you like my dress? It is one of my favroite dresses. 


There was also a little band. 


And bonus you get 2 pics of me at the beach because why not. 



It was cold at the beach *everyone gasps* I know it was weird. Anyway so I had to wear a jacket and I was still freezing. 

So how did you like this post? Should I do more posts like this? Do you like my outfit? Have you been to Bayou Bend before? Have you ever seen a mansion/castle/amazing garden before? 

8 comments:

  1. This is an awesome post! I love your series, and I know that I will have definitely have something to do in Houston! I absolutely love your outfit! I have never been to Bayou Bend but if I ever go to Houston, I will definitely want to check it out! Your pictures look amazing in this post!

    xx Bubbles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bubbles! I got my outfit from my grandmother and I love it as well. It is very soft and silky and springy to me. You should totally go to houston and if you do tell me and you know, go here. Thanks! I am so happy that you like my post. :)

      Delete
  2. I love this post! I love your outfit it suits you really well! Sadly I haven't been to Bayou Bend before but if I ever travel to America one day I would love to see it. :) ~Fizzy~xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy that you enjoy my post! If you do travel to america I wish that you will see a lot of awesome things that we have here. :) Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. This is a great post! I'd really love to go to this place but, unfortunately, I've never been to anywhere in America before. When I do get to go, though, I'll definitely look into going to Bayou Bend. It looks amazing!
    Also, all of the photos are amazing! I can never take photographs with quality as good as these!
    I can't wait to see more of this series!
    -Elsie A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elsie! Yeah, it was very amazing. If you ever get the chance, you should totally go. Thank you so much! I love photography and I am always improving. :) Thanks for commenting.

      Delete

01 09 10