Friday, August 4, 2017

13 Tips For Kid Bloggers Written By A 12 Year Old Blogger



Hi, I'm Nabila! I'm 12. If you are one of the people who read my blog you might know that but if not I'm guessing your maybe a kid (which is like under 18) who blogs who is kind of feeling not very important and hidden behind all of the more popular adult bloggers out there. If you don't feel that way but you still like under 18 and a blogger still feel free to read this post. I'm going to list 13 Blogging Tips For Kid Bloggers. If you are a bit older most of these will also work for you. 

If you are a mature person and you usually act older than you actually then absolutely go for it. That's fine. I struggle with this sometimes. When people older than me are talking about maybe High School or a job I want to be like "Same" even though I have no experience with that at all whatsoever. Be the age you are and the right people will except you. 

At least a lot of newer bloggers think that they can just get a blog, make a couple posts, and then be famous immediately. Sadly this isn't true. It takes a while to become anywhere near famous especially with blogging (at least in my opinion). 


When I first started blogging my blog was pretty much the most cluttered blog in the world. I had random colors everywhere and I had all of the gadgets I could. This was fun but not that great to look at. It is important not to clutter up your sidebar and to make your blog look nice and clean as that is the first way people judge it. Like a first impression. I say a bit more about that here where I explain what you should do right after you start a blog. 

As whoever takes care of you probably tells you, be careful. There are some bad people on that internet and it is especially worse when you are younger. If someone starts asking you for some personal information instead of answering make sure to alert your parents and block them if you can. If someone says something weird in the comments that you aren't comfortable with feel free to delete the comment. Make sure not to share things like where you live or where you go to school.  

Be friendly and interact with your readers. They are the people who actually care enough to read your stuff. Reply to people who comment on your posts and make conversation. Make friends with other bloggers. This way you can ask for help if you have questions and also just have someone to talk to when all of your other friends are asleep. 

Don't write about things just because they are in or popular. Write about things that interest you and that you enjoy writing about. 
This I something I haven't perfected yet but I am trying. Kind of. Posting every day or every two days is good if on each post you truly tried and you're proud of the content. If you are not proud of what you have written it's sometimes not really worth it to post it. Post regularly but don't write something boring just for the sake of posting. 

I definitely don't. For people who might not know what a niche is basically a category of what you blog about. It could be fashion or books or food. There is a big debate over this but as a kid, I don't think you need a niche. Being a kid is your niche pretty much. When you are younger you don't really know what you are interested in and that is absolutely fine.  

Of course, ask your parents first if this is ok but I would highly recommend either putting a contact form on your blog or making an email for your blog. This is so other bloggers can maybe collab with you and your readers can contact you and a bunch of other things like that.  

In most blogging platforms making pages is quite easy. About pages tell your readers a little about your blog and about you. Show what you are interested in. I did a post here where I basically say exactly how to make an about page.

Commenting on other blogs is a key way to both attract readers and meet other people. Everday I like to read the blogs I follow and comment on their posts. It is really important to do this plus it will probably make the other bloggers happy. About a year ago I did this post where I list 20 do's and don't and commenting that you can totally check out if you want to find out more about commenting. 

This is pretty much me talking to myself because I am horrible at spelling and grammar. I'm kind of the worst. Haha. Things like proofreading are so so important. Even though you think they won't notice, people find spelling mistakes all the time. RE-READ your posts before you post them. 
Last but not least actually tell people about your blog. If you don't tell people it will just be a tiny place in cyberspace no one ever knows about. That sounds depressing but it's true. Tell other people online and if you are comfortable tell your friends. Be proud of your blog because it's probably pretty awesome. 


If you haven't already make sure to follow my blog. I'm almost at 80 followers! How was that? Amazing? Is your mind blown? If you are a kid blogger make sure to comment down below because I would love to check out your blog. Also if you are new to blogging and have some questions or anything feel free to contact me. Soooooo....... Are you a kid blogger? Are you a blogger at all? If so when did you start your blog? What are your tips for all of the kid bloggers out there? What is your favorite blog (I need some recommendations)? How awesome are my new graphic things? If I hadn't told you my age how old would you think I was (this is random but I would seriously love to know the answer)? 

6 comments:

  1. Good tips! I wish I had found a list like this when I started blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Same! When I started blogging I knew nothing and a post like this would have helped me a lot.

      Delete
  2. That was great, Nabila! I'm at 82 followers now :)
    Almost 90. Not to brag, but it's so exciting!! Congrats to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Saanvi! And congrats on 82 followers. That's super cool. :)

      Delete
    2. Your welcome Nabila! I know, right? Thanks!

      Delete

01 09 10