Monday, November 13, 2017

My Blog Is 4 Years Old!! // Q&A + Freaking Out + Thank You!


Saturday was my blogiversary and seriously you guys I LIKE DIED AND THEN CAME BACK TO LIFE AND THEN REPEATED THAT PROCESS LIKE TEN MORE TIMES. My blog is officially 4 years old! You might be confused if you go back into the archives on my blog because currently I only have public posts to 3 years back. The reason is because when I started blogging I was 9 and probably the cringiest person ever (anyone who has followed me since my 9/10 year old days will know) so about a year ago I kind of deleted a lot of my posts. I do regret it now but they were terrible so I kind of get it. In honor of my blogiversary I decided to do a fun little q&a which you can either find here or down below!


Interestingly if I remember right my first post was a post about halloween published on (of course) November 11, 2013. I didn't even have like an intro post. I literally just put pictures of me from halloween and then told what I did in even worse grammar then I use now.

At the beginning I had a private blog called Nabila Eve. My content was literally just what I did that day in hard to read sentences because I had like zero idea how to type.




Then I got my parents to let me have a public blog and we redid my site. I decided to change my blog name to Hot Town Cool Girl which is what is it now.

I had the default blogger design and I absolutely cringe at how it looked back then. I also had like ten million gadgets because I was that person. Then I actually got someone to design my blog and that was the first time my blog actually looked ok.




In 2015 I started posting more and thinking about it more but I definitely wasn't invested. I posted mostly really short reviews, interviews, and lots and lots of tags.

For the people who actually liked me at this point or at least commented on my blog you are amazing. This would include Noor, one of the people who really inspired me to seriously start blogging!), Dani, a newbie at the time but someone who was always willing to to talk to me, and Rukiya, an incredibly awesome human being who also hosted the blogger choice awards that year!


All throughout that year I did really grow and I posted quite a bit and I was involved but my posts were not at all the best. My the end of that year I had grown a lot blog and non blog wise and had 27 followers.

2016 was when I really got serious and I think sometime in december of 2015 it really switched for me.

Blog wise the beginning of 2016 was neither good nor bad. I posted a lot (maybe too much at times) and some of my posts were pretty good if I do say so myself. I started to really read other people's blog and started learning a lot about blog design and how to get more followers.


I would say by march I would have started calling myself a true and true blogger. My graphics were actually terrible now that I look back on it (I thought picmonkey was the greatest thing in the world)  but at that point I thought of myself and my blog as pretty cool.

May 2016 might have been one of the best months for my blog at least content wise. I am proud of every single post that I published that month and that's something I can't even say now about some of my posts.



One cool thing I remember in July/August is helping out the awesome Bubbles with her blog. She is one of the sweetest people I know ever and everyone should go check out her blog and tell her she's cool.

At the end of 2016 I officially hit 60 followers which means double then I had the year before. When you look at that in a statistical way that is actually kind of impressive but then you look at my post quality in 2013, 2014, and 2015 and you're like oh yeah that makes sense.


And then begins 2017 which has been an AMAZING YEAR (except for the whole flooding thing but that doesn't count!). I turned 13, I went to a blogging conference, I got instagram (where everyone should go follow me, I started getting real about collabs and working with other bloggers and brands, 108,073 page views, and  last but not least I hit 80 followers on the blog and 100 on bloglovin (where everyone should also go follow me).

It's still so so crazy to think that my blog is actually 4 years old! My blog gives me so much joy and I've met so many amazing people on here so before I end this post I just want to say thank you! Thank you to everyone who stuck with me in the beginning when I was kind of horrible. Thank you to everyone who actually talk to me. Thank you to everyone who reads my blog and comments on my posts. Thank you to everyone who cares. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.  If you liked this post make sure to follow my blog  and maybe possibly share this post and just my blog in general! Think of it as a present to me and my blog on it's birthday. :)

Are you as excited as I am about this? Do you blog? If so link it down below! What's something you're super passionate about? When did you find my blog? 







15 comments:

  1. I'm watching your Q+A now! Congrats on 4 years - it's so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it! And thank you so much lexie!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on four years of blogging!!! It was amazing to read how much your blog has grown (it's very lovely, btw). :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i followed you on instagrammmm (my ig is @ptv.kenzieee btw)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4 years is a long time! Loved the video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it really is. Haha. :) Yay! I'm so happy you liked it!

      Delete
  5. Congrats Nabila :)!!! Thanks so much you've been such a great friend :)

    Xx Bubbles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bubbles!! I'm happy we're friends. :)

      Delete
  6. Its kind of sad that the first thing I notice is that I was first on your besties list. XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog this week, and I think it's adorable! Congratulations on four years! I'm like you in the fact that I think of really enthusiastic comments and then have nothing to say after I over think it... so I'll stop here. But I think I'll follow!
    Rejoicing in Hope,
    Bri from forget-not-hid-benefits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Oh my gosh that's so me!! Thanks for the follow. :) This comment really made me smile. :)

      Delete

01 09 10