Monday, November 27, 2017

7 Things I Have Learned About Instagram So Far



So I got an instagram account recently when I turned 13 and I have been really enjoying it so far! I was super excited because my parents said I couldn't get an account until I turned 13. Also no this whole post is not just me trying to get you to follow me. That is what most of this post is about but not like the whole thing. I'm like so funny. So anyway I thought I would do a fun little post where I shared 7 things I have learned about instagram. :) Some of these are tips for other newbies and some are just general life things. Let's get started!

1. Hashtags Are Super Important

Before I started Instagram I realized hashtags were of course a thing but I don't think I realized how much. I know some people who use like 30 hashtags per post which is super impressive first of all because hashtags are actually harder to think of then some people think. For people who have like an amazing feed that is basically all the same you can use the same hashtags but for most people there pictures are different.

The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon nbc jimmy fallon tonight show hashtag GIF

2. Looks Are Everything 

Instagram is how things look. That is the basis of what the platform is about. It is looks and perfection and pretty colors and how things fit together. On instagram I've realized that it's how pretty and how pleasing to the eye the picture is that makes them popular not really how cool they are.

3. It's Harder Than You Think

Like seriously. Before I got an account I'm pretty sure I had it in my head that I would post like ten times a day or something. I love photography and am always taking pictures but I've realized that most of the time those pictures aren't that great. Even posting everyday is pretty hard.

 pretty little liars pll lucy hale hard it shouldnt be this hard GIF

4. Captions Should be Interesting 

Although as I said above Instagram is all about looks but the captions should also be good. I think one of the best example would have to be paperfury who is an amazing book blogger. Her feed of course looks amazing and like a magical rainbow unicorn library (I'm not kidding) but her captions are also super funny and snarky and interesting. Also I've noticed that shorter captions just about blogging things to better then longer captions about life things. Like are you guys not interested in my wonderful life???? Am I not cool enough for you???? I'm kidding but still that interested me.

 reaction adventure time interesting tell me more GIF

5. Filters Are Addicting

I've never had snapchat or anything and Instagram is pretty much my first social media and seriously the filters are so addicting. A couple weeks ago one of my little baby cousins came over (she's one of the cutest beings on the entire earth) and I was just playing with all of the filters and we got a couple adorable pictures. When I'm bored I literally find myself just taking random pictures of me with maybe the dog filter. I have an actual problem.


A wild bored Nabila. 

6. You Have To Actually Interact With People

Sadly like most of the rest of social media internet things you have to actually interact with people to get interaction. This means liking posts, commenting, and a bunch more stuff like that. I knew this from my blog but I'm realizing it more now is that I'm actually bad at commenting on people's things which sounds weird but let me explain. A lot of times I want to say something nice but genuine and cool and funny but then I think too much about it and just end up putting something like "awesome picture" for instagram or "awesome post" for blogs. This is an actual problem of mine. We all know those people who are genuinely funny and amazing and always make people smile online because that's their personality and I guess that's just not me? I'm not sure. Anyway... We've gotten off topic.

 hello hi bear wave waving GIF

7. Themes Aren't Essential

I've been debating over this a lot lately and I have to admit I can't really decide but I would say in general this is true. Before I got an instagram I heard a lot about themes and being consistent and all of that general stuff. I've realized that first of all themes are freaking hard to keep up with. It's hard to even find good photos to post and it's even harder to make them actually look good together. Second it's not necessarily essential to have a theme. 

And that's it for today! Make sure to go check out my account  and comment down below your own! I'm not like a stalker but all of you guys are awesome so I want to get to know you! 

Do you have an instagram account? If so what were your first impressions of the app? Have you followed me yet (this answer should of course me yes)? What are some of your tips for instagram? What is your favorite social media app? 




10 comments:

  1. I don't have Instagram so I wouldn't know anything about it, but great post!
    If I ever get an account I'll re-read this and follow you. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie! If you ever get an account I will make sure to follow you as well. :)

      Delete
  2. Ahh, I really loved reading this post and seeing your point of view on Instagram. I’m a little inspired to write up a post similar to this. ;) Great job!

    xx Kenzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you like my post! You so should write a post like this! I would one hundred percent read it. :)

      Delete
  3. I've learned the same thing - I'm an adult and just got insta to keep people informed about my books and boy, it's hard. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post! Yep, filters are super addicting, believe me I know XD I don't really use the Instagram filters though for some reason, I prefer to use Snapchat filters, they're sooo cool XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! Yesss filters are super addicting! I don't have snapchat but from what I've seen of friends using it and stuff snapchat is also very awesome. :)

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you're enjoying Instagram! I have a serious love/hate relationship with it, but at the moment it's nothing but love because I found some pictures I took this summer and they make me so happy. I love editing pictures on Instagram with all the filters and other options. I just wish that the people who follow me would actually see my content, because lately only 1 in 5 followers sees what I post D:

    x Envy
    Lost in Translation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I am enjoying Instagram! I followed you on Instagram and totally love your feed! Your travel photos are totally goals. :)

      Delete

01 09 10