Thursday, January 11, 2018

Everyone Has A Story



I sit with my friend
I've known her for a while but this is the first time we've ever really hung out
She tells me about her family
How she lives with her mom
How her dad died when she was 1
She seems almost at peace with the fact

I'm talking to a blogger friend online
She's complaining about her parents
Yeah parents are annoying I reply
Then she mentions how the house smells like weed
And how her mom is probably smoking again
A year later
Her dads in jail
And her mom is no where to be found 

I sit and stare off into the distance
I'm bored
And looking at old pictures
I find one of me and my old friend
I was mostly friends with her because our dads were friends
But we saw each other quite a bit
So we were close
I remember how suddenly they just moved away
Turns out the parents had gotten divorced
And the dad had lost custody

I'm a pretty lucky human being in the grand schemes of things
I have all of my parents and siblings
Grandparents to
Not rich but middle class
In a nice neighborhood
With friends pretty much the same
Stories like that to me are almost just for movies and songs
But there real


Everyone has a story
Remember that


So that was a lot. I don't even know if this post had a point but its okay because I had fun writing it. If you like my occasional Thursday writy posts then comment down below! I'm not sure if you like them or not. :) Make sure that you are following both my Instagram and Bloglovin' as well!




8 comments:

  1. Yes, this is so important to remember. Thank you. Wonderful post. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. It really made me think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post dear, really enjoyed reading it! Have a great day! xoxo

    Vildana from Living Like V
    INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY ON MY BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading this, Nabila! It’s so fascinating to realize so many stories surround our own but that doesn’t make them any less real.

    xoxo Abigail Lennah | ups & downs

    P.S. Also what in shish kebabs why have I not followed you yet?!?!? Really shocked I didn’t add you on GFC...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I'm really happy you like it! Right!?

      P.S I have no idea but thanks for following me!!!

      Delete

01 09 10