Monday, July 23, 2018

Things I Need To Learn


1. Friends aren't accomplishments
They're people
Who you have made a connection with
I have friends
Some pretty awesome friends actually
But I never seem content
I always want more friends
Which is ok

I guess
I make excuses why I need more friends
They're old friends
So they don't count
I'm not that close to that person
I feel like I only have one friend
Even though I have more
I almost make myself feel lonely
I basically want 10 new best friends like every year
But that's not possible
I have two best friends
And they're wonderful
So then I try to make more friends
I really really try
Maybe I even succeed
Whatever that means
And I feel accomplished
Which I can't decide
If that's ok or not
I mean I'm an extrovert
So it makes sense I love people
But I think
I also need to appreciate the friends I already have
A wholllllllle lot more

2. Even if I have doubts about something
That doesn't mean it's not true
I have my doubts
About a lot of things
For example the American school system
The biggest
Probably
Is god
My relationship with him
Honestly
Isn't the best
And that really saddens me
At church
When we're singing
I'm there
And present
And alive
And believing
But then the song ends
And I'm just there
I find myself remembering things
From the Bible
Or church
And thinking things like
How in the world does that make sense
Then I hear stories
Of people using god
To hate others
And I'm just like
That makes no sense with what the Bible teaches us
Which is to love everyone
And be kind
I'm the seed from the story without enough soil
I believe and grow at first
But something goes wrong
And I wither
And I'm confused

3. I need to only tell people things
That I actually do myself
I'm a very positive person on principle
And I don't like negativity at all
So when a friend is complaining
I'm like no stop
Think of all these good things
I was thinking about this
When I was complaining
And my friend mentioned
How I almost don't let her complain?
I must be so annoying like uhhh sorry haha
I need to learn
People  Have  Bad  Days
It happens
It happens to everyone
And I don't have control over that
I actually don't have control over everything
Although I might want to
I mean who doesn't want to take over the world honestly??

4. Just because it's the quickest way doesn't mean it's the best
I have a problem
With doing things way to fast
Don't get me wrong
I get it done
But do I get it done well?
I'm not sure
I always go the easiest route
Like every time
I'm lazy
I'm just outright saying it
And seriously
It's not a good thing
I'll be productive
That's not my problem
My problem is either
a) I've rushed through something else to get to the place I can be productive
or
b) I'm productive but it's sloppy
And not my best work
So it doesn't really count???

I super hope you like that! Comment down below all of your thoughts and if you have anything you think you need to work on! I seriously have no idea if you want more posts in this kind of format and I want to do things that you guys like!!

14 comments:

  1. I can relate to all of these, especially doing things the quickest way versus doing them the quality way (which 9 times out of 10 takes sooooo much longer). I guess you really just have to figure it out as you go. Sometimes time is of the essence and you just need to put things out there. But if you want to be proud of your work, put the time into it. Put heart and soul into it (so much easier said than done, yes?).

    Something I need to work on is letting God work in my life. I do my best to avoid trials and tribulations. I work hard to avoid stepping out of my comfort zone, despite the fact that when I do, every single time I note that it was worth it. I hate pushing through fear, worry, and other icky feelings I've let hold me back for all these years. But I'm also tired of being controlled by them. Yet even though I'm tired, it can be easy to slip back into the habit of hiding my face or avoiding hard situations.

    So yeah. Thank you for sharing things that you're working on. And thank you for letting me use your comment section as a personal therapy session. XD

    You rock, girly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that makes sense. Like sometimes it's ok to do things fast but when you care about something you should work on it and actually try. That is one hundred percent harder said then done haha.

      That is so me!! I'm so bad at doing things I'm not comfortable with and that I don't know all of the details or what's going to happen. I really like knowing what's going on so when I don't I get clammy and just ahh it's not good.

      Aww thank you so much for commenting!! Long comments make me super happy so yeah. :)

      Delete
  2. I am WITH YOU on numbers 2 and 4.

    With the god thing, I see people finding ways to hate the LGBT+ community because it says in the bible yada yada and I'm just kinda like "Wait wait wait! Hold on a second! It ALSO says that God doesn't make mistakes, and he made me exactly the way I am so... I'm sorry but you're wrong."

    And with the rushing thing, I do that SO OFTEN and I think it bugs everyone because they're like "Dani I know for a fact that you can do better than that." And I'm like. "Technically I CAN but I just don't want to right now. And, like, I mean I got it done so..."
    -Dani Jones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww yay so happy you can relate!

      That makes me so sad when people do that like uggggggg people please stop. Haha yeah.

      Yessss that is me!!! And also a lot of times I kind of procrastinate (which is the opposite of rushing but hold one) and my dad will be like "you should do that" and I'll be like "but I don't want to right nowwwwwww". I always end up getting it done maybe just none when I first get it haha.

      Delete
  3. #2 is so real. Have similar struggles. Faith is an interesting journey, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all have things we need to learn in grow in, but the first step is acknowledge that. <3

    And yes to all of these, great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah totally! If you don't acknowledge you have a problem you can't fix it.

      Thanks so much!! :)

      Delete
  5. These are all tings I need to work on as well! Number three is my life right now. I've been so unmotivated that I don't have the will to post positive reinforcement. Why tell others to do something I don't do myself? <3 YAY FOR THIS POST. And your honesty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah totally! And sorry you've been unmotivated that's super annoying. Aww thanks so much! I'm super happy you like the post. :)

      Delete
  6. Oh I really relate to this... Especially the first bit about feeling like you don't have enough friends, I don't really think that anymore but I used to think like that, I only really had two close friends and I thought that that wasn't enough... But I realised that by thinking that, I wasn't really appreciating the friends I did have, and they're pretty freaking awesome friends, so now I've realised that it doesn't matter if I only have a very small group of friends, so long as I know that they're always there for me :) Also the last bit about wanting to do everything that quickest way, that's so relatable to me... Anyway I'm sorry this comment was so long and rambling, I'm not sure if any of this makes sense XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think it doesn't matter how many friends you have as long and they're real genuine friends.

      I LOVE LONG COMMENTS FOR ANYONE READING THIS PLEASE DO LONG COMMENTS. That did make sense it's cool. :)

      Delete
  7. It's good that you're realising things faster than a lot of people do later on. Taking people for granted is something practically most of us have fallen into. It sucks and I realised it when I was a teenager and regretting not being a better friend.

    Yup, doubting is pretty confusing. And yeah, people often do take the Bible and twist it around and that sucks. I hope that no matter what decision you take, that you'll still be the same positive person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks. Yeah I think it is something everyone does which just sucks. :( And people don't even mean to sometimes it just happens and then like you they look back and they're like wow.

      I hate when people do that like nooo. Thanks Grace. :)

      Delete

01 09 10