Monday, April 22, 2019

Instagram Story Tips + Ideas | Instagram 101


Super excited because this is the second post in my little Instagram 101 series that I announced last
post! In that post, I shared 21 Instagram caption ideas. Today I thought it would be fun to talk a bit about
Instagram stores. Get ready for some tips and tricks and also why they're really important. :)


Why you should even care:

Instagram stories are super important and so many people don't realize this. It's a time to get personal
with your followers and just share more about yourself that a normal feed post can't do. I'm guessing
you've heard about how Instagram is fake and not authentic. I think it's one hundred percent OK to want
your feed to look perfect. I'm pretty sure most people do. But that means on your story you can show
that other side of you!! Show that you actually have struggles and that your hair isn't actually always
nice and all done up. Plus, if they've seen your story, they're more likely to remember you and comment
on your post.

To recap posting on your story is important because:

-allows you to be more personal with your followers
-can help show that you're a real human
-people are more likely to interact with your posts

OK now let’s actually get started. :)

Insta Story Tips:

Some small tips and things you can add. :)

-Use gifs!! They make a simple old picture so much more fun. You can find gifs in the stickers section. :)

-Change up your text and make them rainbow. I'm sure you've seen this on someone else's story
and thought it was super cool!! It's actually not that hard. You can check out this video to find out how.

-Use hashtags. This is probably an of course for regular feed posts but it's actually really helpful for
stories as well. When you click on a hashtag it will bring you to it's home page. Then you can click on
the little story icon. This will pull up all of the stories that are currently active with that hashtag. That
means that if you put a hashtag on your story you will automatically be added and will be able to be seen
by a bunch of more people.

-Share your location. Of course be careful about it but people love to see where you are and what
you're up to!! Plus, just like hashtags, it adds you to the story for that location.

-You can make background a plain color in the app. Some people actually don't realize this. Go to
adding a story and either pull up a previous image or take one. Then click on the marker button up at
the top and choose one of the colors. After choosing a color simply hold down on the screen and the
whole screen should change to that color.

Insta Story Ideas:

I know so many people who want to post more on their stories but just don't know how. Here are
some ideas!

-Share other accounts you love. It will make there day and help your followers find someone new to
follow.

-Your meal with a little recipe. I know Instagram is notorious for being a place where people just share
their food every day to an audience that doesn't really care but I personally love seeing what people are
eating. Plus if you're not a food account then your story is the perfect place to share all things related to
food. If you want to go above and beyond, share the recipe and how you made it.

-An unboxing of new things you got in the mail. One thing I personally love is actually seeing people's
reactions to things. Set up your phone down in front of you so that we can see your face and you have
both hands to open the package.

-Quotes are something fun you can easily share on your story!! I share positive post quotes on my
story all the time and a lot of times people will reply saying stuff like "I needed this" or "This made my
day" and it just makes me so happy. :)

-Use the questions sticker and answer questions. This is such a great way to connect with your
followers. Use the new questions stickers and tell them to ask you questions/tell you something. You
could mix it up and tell them to send you assumptions about you and you can share them and say if
they're correct or not.

-Share polls and get insight into your followers! You can ask them what they want you to post or if they
like cats or dogs or pretty much anything. Fun to do and also helpful to you.

-Make or find wallpapers and post themmmm. I love changing up my wallpapers and it makes it so
easy when people share them on your story. Plus if you like graphic design you can make them and
maybe send them as freebies for following. :)

-Share new things like an insta or blog post. It's kind of annoying when this is all you share on your
story, but generally, it's totally ok!! People are a whole lot more likely to look at your stories than your
posts so share that new insta post. And if you have anything else new, share it!!

-Music/show faves. You can from both share from both spotify and netflix super easily!!

-Literally just share what you do in your day! Share what you're up tooooo. Don't share every little
thing about your day cause that's a bit boring but feel free to share little snippets of your day. Fun
events and things. :) If you don't have time during the day you could do a little video recap talking about
you day sometime near when you go to bed.

I hope you loved that and that it was helpful! If you did like it, make sure to check out my other post in the series with 21 Instagram caption ideas. :) If you're not following me on instagram already it would make me super happy if you coulddddd. I post all about my life among other things. :) If you follow me, dm me on there and tell me you're from my blog. I'll follow you back! Comment down below your insta user and what post you want to see next. :)

4 comments:

  1. ooh, this seems super fun! I personally don't use instagram, but I'm thinking about -maybe- opening an account.
    also yesss, I have dozens of wallpapers saved to my laptop. I keep switching them up, and my friends + family, well, think I'm kinda crazy :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally open an account!! I would love to help!! Haha I love that for you. I used to change up the wallpaper on my phone like every day. People also thought I was very crazy.

      Delete
  2. Haha, I could totally imagine it!
    Thanks, I've been busy for the past few months, but I'll def open one in summer :-)

    Oh, and I also wanted to let you know that I tagged to for the Spring Cleaning Book Tag, right over here: https://wwaterunderthebridge.wordpress.com/2019/04/27/spring-cleaning-book-tag-announcement/
    You don't have to do it, but it was a LOT of fun.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for tagging me! I'll totally check it out!

      Delete

01 09 10