Monday, April 8, 2019

slow down



breathe
just breathe
sit down
and maybe close your eyes
or don't that's cool too
but just let your mind be opened
to how amazing
and privileged
you really are

breathe in
and out
let those other worries flow away
they matter
but not right now

we all know you probably need a break
i originally wrote this during thanksgiving season
everyone is talking about thankfulness
i've heard this a lot lately
how for a couple of times a day
we should stop

and say a little thank you

maybe to your mom
or your best friend
for the food
or the weather

i want you to do that right now
i know you didn't click on this post to work
but i promise
it's helpful

think of three things
that just make you happy
they could be super random
it's actually better if they're more specific

maybe you've had a bad day
and you're not exactly in the thankful mood
that happens         
but i promise
you can think of three things you're thankful for
look around the room
at your clothes
at whatever you're reading this on

fun fact
they found a neurological link
between being generous
and being happy
maybe generosity goes along with thankfulness for you 
maybe help your parents with dinner 
or just do a gesture that shows them really how much you care 

once again maybe you've had a bad day
but tomorrow?
that's a new day
with new ideas
and themes
and events

i want you to do two things tomorrow

number one
at least three times throughout the day
take a tiny moment
and say thank you
be truly thankful for something

maybe it's the fork that's helping you put your delicious salad in your mouth
or your coworker that smiled at you when you were tired   

number two
do 3 acts of kindness or generosity
and just make someone smile
tell your friend truly how great you think they are
you think they know
but they don't
or maybe how much you love your classmates hair
or just say yes when someone asks for a hair tie
i promise
that's lifesaving sometimes

those both take maybe 5 minutes out of your day max
and guess what 
i'm almost certain you will have a better day 

That's been sitting in my journal for a while so I really hope y'all like it! It's a bit different then some of my normal content but hey, I like mixing things up every once in a while. 

If you liked this post I would recommend checking out:


Comment down below one thing you're thankful for!


12 comments:

  1. yessss, I agree with all of these. I've been wanting to get more into meditation, and I've been trying to set a goal for that, and be more productive ya' know? also, I love writing in my journal, it's my go-to happy place :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really cool!! Good luck with getting more into meditation. :)

      Delete
  2. I needed this <3 I love you so much dear. Please never change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh I love this! So true and so beautiful!
    I am really thankful for my boss. She is such a strong woman and I admire and love her so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So so happy you like it!! And that's awesome!

      Delete
  4. I'm thankful for many things! One thing I am thankful for is my horses and puppy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was really nice. Important things to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thankful for my amazing parents!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10