Monday, April 1, 2019

houston staycation | spring break 2019


I had my spring break recently where I got a needed whole week off from school and I took lots of pictures so I thought it would be fun to do a little photo diary and show you guys what I did! I also did a YouTube video which is coming out next week so make sure to be on the lookout for that as well. :) 

saturday - march 9

I had smoothies pretty much every day for breakfast because they're healthy and make me happy so if I have the time, why not?


sunday - march 10

We went to the rodeo on Sunday!! It was my second time going to the rodeo and my first time seeing a show there so I was so excited! I did a whole other vlog on that which you can check out here. 


We saw this cool tejano band Los Tigres Del Norte and they were cool! We got to go because one of my friends had extra tickets. 


After the show we went to the carnival part. I went on this crazy ride where we went up in the air and spun in circles and it was cool but also insane haha. 


monday - march 11

I got to hang out with this girly the next day and we had a little photoshoot. You can see the full photos on my photography/side insta. 


tuesday - march 12

On Tuesday we got to see captain marvel and I absolutely lovvvvvved it! There were so many little things about the avengers and I am obsessed with the character. Plus I saw it with Lydia and the whole time we were looking at each other because we noticed things and ahhh it was great. I would recommend. 


Lydia's sister got these light up things I think for Christmas and so they put them on and they looked soooo cool! I was like woah. That's really awesome. 


wednesday - march 13

We went to this awesome sushi place for lunch with my grandparents and it was delicious. The fish was so fresh. 


After that my grandparents needed some new furniture (we both moved recently) so we went to high fashion home. They had the best photo backgrounds haha. 


thursday - march 14 

We wanted to go to a museum because we haven't gone to any of the museums in a while and on Thursday some are free but sadly it was to busy. Instead we went and walked around rice village which has a bunch of shops. I found this cute book when we were walking around urban outfitters. By the way I've been learning a lot more about sustainability and fast fashion and it's really made me think about buying from big brands (not that I have the money to anyway). I would love to hear y'alls thoughts. :)


Spotted this at half price books! I thought it was awesome. It was a collection of photos and things from the women's march. I love looking at photos especially in physical form. That's why I like magazines. It gives me inspiration. 


friday - march 15 

On Friday, along with a couple of other of other families, we went hiking at Brazos Bend State Park! 


It's basically a swamp. 


There were these gorgeous wild flowers along the path which made me really happy. 


It was really pretty, I walked a lot, and just generally had a lot of fun. 


saturday - march 16 

I went thrifting! I got this super cute shirt for only a dollar which I'm actually wearing as I'm writing this haha. 


sunday - march 17

The last day of break sadly. It turned out really good though!! Isabel and Lydia came over. Isabel gave me the earrings I'm wearing in the above pic and I just love them. Super cute. :) 


We ended up going to the park and joining a birthday party which we were kind of last minute invited to. 


There were cupcakes and confetti eggs and adorable children and new friends and it was great. 


My gorgeous friends!! It was also Saint Patrick's Day so of course green. It was cool cause at the park you would just look around and pretty much everyone was wearing green. 


And then we had to go back to school because break was over. Comment down below if you have had your spring break yet and if so what you did! 

6 comments:

  1. aaah, sounds like fun! I SO want to watch "captain marvel" but I'll have to wait until my spring break in 3 weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun! Aww sorry!! I hope you love it when you watch it. :)

      Delete
  2. Ahh, that looks so lovely! <3

    I went to Fredericksburg Tx for my spring break and then I came home and hung out with friends for the weekend. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like fun! I hope you had a nice time!

      Delete
  3. Looks like you have a fun spring break. It is always nice to get a rest from school! I'm homeschooled so I get spring break when ever we diside go on vocation.

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah totally! And oh that's quite cool. :)

      Delete

01 09 10