Monday, March 25, 2019

Cavetown Concert AKA GETTING TO SEE ONE OF MY FAVE MUSICIANS AND FREAKING OUT



I WENT TO A CAVETOWN CONCERT A COUPLE WEEKS AGO AND YOU GUYS IT WAS SO FREAKING AMAZING. Cavetown is an amazing artist and I love him and his music so so so so much. Lydia introduced him to me and she went with me to the concert. It made me so happy so I thought I would share it with you!! I haven't done one of these kind of relaxed photo diary posts in a while, so I'm excited. 


I also did a youtube video so it would make me super happy if y'all could check that out and give me a like and subscribe if you haven't already. 


His little sign is a lemon from his Lemon Boy song so I got my mom to draw it on my cheek. She did such a good job and I thought it was the coolest thing. 


Our little trio. When we were waiting in line when someone up from (VIP I think) starting singing lemon boy and then I started singing it to and then everyone started singing and it was extremely beautiful. 


Lydia looks cuter than me but it's fine.


If you knew cavetown, the people who were there were exactly who you would think. His music has a typppppe. 


What made it even funnier was that there was a concert happening right next door and you could tell who was going to what. The people going to the other concert were all pretty and we're over here with overalls and doc martins and hoodies and short hair. 


I got these adorable pins from the merch booth before it started. I put them on my lanyard for school and it makes me smile every time I look at it.  


The opener was spookyghostboy! I hadn't heard about him before Robin (aka cavetown) had said they were touring together. To prep for the concert, I listened to his music. It's quite slow a lot like cavetowns. I enjoyed his music and he was fun to watch but he wasn't the best in concert. 


THEN MY LITTLE ROBBIE CAME OUT AND I DIED. AND SO DID THE REST OF THE AUDIENCE. The first song they did was Green which is a gorgeous song and they turned the lights green. 


The backdrop was the cutest!! It was a lemon tree with bugs and a kitty cat. Aka all of the things he's known for. And in the front, there was a lamp and hurb. We love hurb. 


Near the begining, after like the second song he was like "Wow. Y'all might be one of the happiest audiences I've ever played for. You're just so aggressively nice." AND WE WERE SO AGGRESSIVELY NICE YOU DON'T REALIZE. After every song we were screaming how great he was and just everything. 


THIS IS LIKE A KAZOO MACHINE. They were selling kazoos so all throughout the concert people would play them going with the songs. Every time that happened he smiled and ahhh. AND THEN HE PULLS OUT THIS BABY FOR ONE OF THE SONGS AND I'M LIKE WHAT IS HAPPENING AND IT WAS SOOOO GOOD. 


LOOK AT THIS ADORABLE HUMAN.


Pretty phone lights. One of my fave songs by him is "Boys Will Be Bugs" and one of the lines are "Don't mess with me I'm a big boy now and I'm very scary. I punch my walls, stay out at night, and I do karate. " After the karate line I screamed same cause I do karate and he didn't notice but it made me happppppy. 


He has another song called "Fool" which is actually the first song I really loved by him and one of the lines are "I am still your baby boy I'm stuck in 2013." BOTH ME AND LYDIA SCREAMED SAME. It was the best. 


Magic? Yes. 


At the end they had a flying air plain contest and it was greattttttt. I was like lol what is happening but also we love. You know that feeling?



They had a poster and these cuties were taking a picture so then I take a picture because logic. 


Y'all probably think I'm insane now but it's ok I except it. Comment down below some of your fave artists and concerts you've been to in the past! I'm always looking for new people to listen to. :) And make sure to check out the vlog I did of the concert! 

6 comments:

  1. This looks so cool!! I'm so glad you had such an amazing time! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. OKAY IM SCREAMING YOU SAW CAVETOWN AND IM JUST- (im probably seeing him in july so like !!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHHHH I'M SCREAMING THAT YOU KNOW WHO HE ISSS. I REALLY HOPE YOU GET TO SEE HIM!!!! Have an amazing time!!!

      Delete
  3. Switchfoot is my all time fave -- they came out a year before I was born and I'm in love with their music. They've changed a lot over the years but they're still my babies. I'm not lying when I say if they ever do a farewell tour I swear I'd travel to the other side of the US just to see them haha.
    That is awesome you were able to see your fave! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAH, NABILA YOU'RE SO LUCKY
    Lemon Boy was the first song I heard by them! Green was also super sad but sweet :-)

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10