Monday, March 4, 2019

Creator Spotlight | Natalie From Capturing Life On Camera


Today I'm going to be sharing a creator spotlight with someone who I have been loving for a bittttttt. Natalie is a blogger. youtuber, and photographer who I met on Instagram. She's awesome and I love talking to her and reading her post. Stay tuned for photography tips, why she started blogging, and morrrrrre.
What is your name and what does it mean? If you're named after someone who is it
and what does that person mean to you?
I always get asked this question but honestly, my parents just liked the name, Natalie.
My Dad used to joke that I was named after Natalie Portman but whenever he said that
my Mom would roll her eyes.


Haha cool. Why did you start blogging? Do you see yourself blogging in the future?
I started blogging back in 2011 because I loved watching Youtube videos on beauty and
makeup. At the time I did not realize my lack of makeup knowledge which is why
“Beautybynatalie 24” became “Takeapolaroid” to what it is today (Capturing Life on
Camera). In the future, I hope to use blogging to discover new hobbies and hopefully
discover what I will study in college (in a year and a half!).



Good luck!! How do you spend an average day?
My average day is spent in school. I just recently got my license so I have been driving
myself to school and driving my friends home after school. I get home around 3 pm and
I work on homework, procrastinate, and occasionally take some Instagram photos of my
outfit. In the Spring, lacrosse practice starts for me so my days will be extremely hectic.

Driving must be cool! Also now I'm just wondering when your school ends + starts
to be able to get home at 3 haha. What are your favorite hobbies? How would you
describe yourself in 4 words? Just tell us a bit about yourself.
Other than blogging, as I mentioned previously I play lacrosse. I tend to hide the worlds
of my other hobbies from each other so I never really get to talk about it. I have been
playing since second grade and I guess you could say I am pretty good. I made my high
school’s varsity team as a freshman which was one of my greatest accomplishments! I
also love taking portraits of friends but I would love to branch out and turn my
photography into a mini business. My 4 words to describe myself are determined, busy,
quiet, and creative.



Wow congrats on getting on varsity as a freshamn!! That super cool! How do you
come up with blog posts and how do you usually go about writing one?
I always have blogging on the back of my mind. I guess you could say I’m a true content
creator because whenever a topic pops into my head, my blogger subconscious kicks in
and goes, “wait that would make a great blog post!” If I am feeling really inspired at the
moment, I will go right to the notes section on my phone and bang it out right then and
there. Otherwise, it is almost like pulling teeth to try and come up with valuable content.

Blogging is always at the back of my mind as well! What are your 3 biggest
photography tips for newbies?
[1] Get Inspired: I first got into photography by finding photographers that I love and
*attempt* to emulate their style. You will learn so much about your camera and
different techniques compositionally
[2] Don’t be basic: You won’t make it as a photographer if you are just taking pictures
of flowers in your backyard. Find a subject that is interesting, inspiring, or informative
to make your photos stand out.
[3] Keep Shooting: You will never get the perfect shot unless you take at least 50 more
along with that one.



I totally agree with all of those!! If you could collab with anyone dead/alive who
would it be?
I would LOVE to collab with Billie Eilish or Emma Chamberlain for the same reason. I
would love to ask them about what it is like having a full-time job and being so
successful as a teenager. I am the same age as both Billie and Emma and I think I
would be very inspired by talking to them.

That would be so interesting. If you had to choose a career now what would it be?
If I had to choose right now, I would love to make blogging full time. In all honesty, it is
not the most realistic idea considering that I am in high school and I probably would
not be able to function with the income of a small influencer, but I think if I had the
means I could make it work.



I would also lovvvvvve to be a full time blogger but have the same problems haha. :)
What do you see happening with your blog in the next year? What do you want to
happen?
This year I see my blog growing more than ever before considering the digital age that
we are currently in. As much as I would like this to happen, I would need to work really
hard at creating content, being persistent, and coming up with unique ideas.

What are your tips for other people wanting to start a blog?
I know everyone says this but just start. The earlier you start, the more time you will
have spent on it, the more you will make mistakes, and the more you will learn. The
only way to create a successful blog is to fail multiple times.



What is your aesthetic?
My aesthetic has changed many times throughout this year but recently it has been more
green, orange, red, pink, etc. However, my room is the polar opposite being grey, blue,
black and white.

Are you an introvert or extrovert?
I think I am both. I love to be alone because I am an only child and a grew up keeping
myself busy but I also love hanging out with my friends and being in a large group of
people. But I guess that I am more introverted than extroverted because I prefer to listen
in a conversation than bud in.


Yayyy I super hope you enjoyed that!! If you want to find out more about Natalie feel feel to check her at the places linked belowwww. 


If you ever want to collab I would love to!! Just email me at nabilaeve@gmail.com. Comment down below your answer to any of the questions! Also, I would love to know if you want more creator spotlights!! I love doing them but I want to put out content that you guys actually enjoy. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10