Monday, May 13, 2019

life update including why i've been gone and end of middle school stuffs


Well hello there. My name is Nabila and I am a blogger. Or at least I've been calling myself one for.... the past five years I think? You probably didn't notice but I missed a post last week. This is probably normal for most people but for me, it's just not. I've been posting consistently for about two years now. That's pretty cool. For a while I was posting on both Mondays and Thursdays but with school it was downgraded to just Monday.

Lately though I haven't had much motivation. I think this has been a thing for a while but I just ignored it. I was like oh, I guess I'm just tired today or I just haven't had that much time. But I missed a post last week and.... I wasn't sad about it? And I mean... I had time to write one. But I was majorly procrastinating. It has been kind of nice though. I've been hanging with my family more. But yeah basically I've been in a total blog slump and I'm still not sure what I'm going to do. I thought I would hop on though and give y'all a little life update.




1. It's been raining a lot

Pretty much this whole week there has been a flood watch. Friday (Yesterday as I'm writing this) we got off of school because it was flooding and raining really hard. I've had experience with flooding but it's always stressful. This time thankfully my neighborhood hasn't been hit and no one I know has actually gotten there stuff flooded. Mostly just some street flooding.


2. STAAR Testing

STAAR is the big test that we take every year. The subjects that we have to take vary by year. In 8th grade we have to take math (or for me algebra), reading, science, and US history. The reading one was easy and I took that one like a month ago. Algebra though was seriously stressing me out. I'm not the best at algebra and since it's a high school credit you have to pass the test to get the credit. I actually studied which is not something I can say about most tests. I have science and history next week. I'm actually so annoyed about next week. Basically the whole week we are going to be in testing sites. Monday and Tuesday, 6th and 7th graders are testing so we have to be in the same class the whole day. My teacher said we'll have study material we can look at. On Wednesday and Thursday are the actual science and history tests. History is supposed to be hard cause there is just so much material. I have been studying some for that so I would say I'm pretty prepared.


3. It's the end of the year and everyone's done

I'm in 8th grade now so I'm going to high school next year. There is only like 3 more weeks left of school until break and pretty much everyone in my grade is done with learning. We all know where we are going to high school. We still have to take all of our finals though so it's a bit of a struggle

4. End of year activities 

There are some fun end of year activities for 8th graders though!! Next week is the 8th grade dance which I'm very excited for!! It's a formal so everyone is dressing up and it's just 8th graders. All of the other dances are mixed grade levels. The other grades can be, well... annoying sometimes haha. Splashdown, graduation, the improv show, broadcast video showcase, and my belt ceremony are also all coming up!!


5. Instagram deleted all of my drafts

I have a bunch of photos and posts saved on Instagram so I think three days ago when I was about to go post they just weren't there. I just kind of freaked out. It takes me a lot of time to write posts and that's also how I knew what photos I had already used. At this point I just haven't really posted. It's not like I was growing anyway. My follower count has literally been decreasing??? So yeah that's definitely not helping my spirits. I'm thinking about totally changing my feed and not using long captions or hashtags anymore. I know that's how you are supposed to grow but my thought process is, what's the point in putting in all of that effort if it's not working?  Which I know is terrible but just ahhh. ALSO since I have to go through my photos again I'm thinking about starting another theme. Maybe more warm tones? I've been doing cool blue vibes for a while and I think it's time for a change.

6. Video content

I've been getting more and more into making videos whether it be on IGTV or youtube. I've been becoming more comfortable with it and also just getting more ideas. I think over the summer I'm going to work a lot on editing. As of this point I'm not sure but I think I'm going to make YouTube my main channel. I'll still write blog posts because I think some stuff is better written, but a whole lot less often. That's currently what I'm thinking but I'm not sure. I just think YouTube has made me happier and it's a more accessible and popular platform especially for people my age.

7. High school

I've been going to a bunch of events lately for my high school. I'm doing theater there so I had to audition (I got in!!!), we had to go to pick classes, and next week we're going for a little orientation because I'm planning on taking health during the summer. Because of this I've also been around a bunch of high schoolers and it's low key making me freak out. They are so much cooler than me???? And have cooler clothes than me?? And there was this couple like making out in the hallway one time and I was just like ahhhhh. I do have a lot of friends going there though I think is going to help so so much. :)


This post has taken me like all day to write because I guess I'm just crazy?? I don't know?? Anyway though yeah. I don't really have my life together right now. But that's A ok. I'm going to figure it out, but first I'm going to enjoy my last weeks of middle school (and possibly vlog it because why the heck not, memories right?). 

14 comments:

  1. It’s the end of my freshman year and I’m afraid I have senioritis because I’m so ready for summer! The eighth grade formal sounds a lot cooler than mine... ours was just everyone standing awkwardly in our gym lol. You’re gonna enjoy high school a lot I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it ended up being quite fun but still basically people being awkward but in the cafeteria lol. I hope so. :)

      Delete
  2. Life has been crazy for me too!! I will have to check out your YouTube channel. :)

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! Don't stop blogging! Everyone has days when they are not motivated! All the best for high school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not public schooled, but as someone who is a junior now (wow, went fast) and has friends of all different ages and school backgrounds: Don't worry. High schoolers aren't cool at all, and you should avoid the ones that think they are. We're all just trying to figure it out in our own ways. :P

    Congrats about theater!! That's so fun and exciting!!! Theater folks are the BEST. <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg it's crazy that you're a junior!! That's kind of insane.

      Thank you so much!!

      Delete
  5. WAIT. NO. HIGH SCHOOL ALREADY? Oh my dear! How? I am so thrilled for you! I've been busy too! Oh, I missed blogging and everyone's blogs. I feel like that's all I say when I come back onto the blogging world. I can't type fast enough at the moment. You are doing wonderful things and I am so excited for you. Keep me in the circle! <3
    Love,
    V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly I have no idea V haha. I still feel like a fifth grader. I love to see you in the blogging world. And it seems to make you happy! You should stayyyyy.

      Delete
  6. Hello! The weather where I live has been quite bad recently, too, argh! In September I'm going to high school, as well. We're done with some of the subjects (like Biology, History, Chemistry) and some we're still continuing but in general the atmosphere at school isn't as busy and stressful as it used to be for example a month ago, yay ;) I'm trying to improve my grades now. I'm so sorry about your Instagram drafts...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I'm so sorry! It's like almost the last day of school now and I'm doing literally nothing lol.

      Delete
  7. Three weeks of no more learning? I don't even get three days haha. I'm doing stuff all the way until the last day, but at least I don't have any finals.
    As a blogger who hasn't posted in almost a month, don't worry about missing a week. No judgement here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had to take finals and stuff but yeah basically haha. I hope your last days go well. :) How do you not have finals?

      Delete

01 09 10