Thursday, April 13, 2017

The Future

Is scary.

This is a fact.

Most of the time the future is unknown.

For me the next 6 years.

Is basically set in stone.

I will finish Middle School at my current school.

Then I will go to High School.

Probably Belaire or if I am lucky one of those more super prestigious academic type ones.

After that though.

Is college.

Which seriously scares me.

Like on a major level.

Piles of homework.

And living on your own.

I don't even have the faintest idea of where I even want to go to college.

But after school is over.

You have actual life.

With a job.

And maybe a family.

And bills.

And banks.

How adults manage that I have no idea.

As I think I have talked about before I pretty much hate when people ask me "what I want to be when I grow up".

I always say that I hate it because I don't know.

But that's not really true.

I have so many impossible dreams and careers that I would love to pursue.

I think my dream job would be some kind of combination between a singer, actor, photographer, activist, politician, blogger, and writer.

The thing is.

Not one of those things are proably going to happen.

Whenever I mention or say stuff like "that's impossible" or "I could never do that" people all around me are like you could totally do that.

Just dream.

I am proably to realistic and pessimistic.

I really need to work on that.

Future me.

If you read this.

And if you have become any of the things mentioned above.

Then through yourself a party.

Because you have achieved something I never really thought possible.

For other people who might just possibly be reading this.

What do you think your future will look like?

6 comments:

  1. This is such an interesting post! The future sort of scares me, too. College and "adulting" just seem so hard. Anyway, thanks for writing this post :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jollygirl! Yay. I am happy that someone agrees the future is scary.

      Delete
  2. I love this post. And the next one. You're DREAMING about the future. One thing. Don't worry so much. Many of the things that scare you now will come easily to 18 yo Nabila. She's going to do just fine.

    -- Ray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray!! I am pretty going to be like the dumbest 18 year old on the planet but I am happy that you have faith in me.

      Delete
  3. I was once like that too - scared of becoming an adult. But as a young adult now, it's not so bad if you have people that you love supporting you. Nothing's impossible, I always used to think I'll never get a job because of my over-shyness but I believed in myself and I've always chanted a mantra in my head "I know what I want". If you want something, don't be afraid. I used to be afraid and missed all the amazing opportunities that were once in my own hands. Just go for it!

    x Nicole ᵔᴥᵔ | www.nicolesmind.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really good advice. Thanks Nicole!

      Delete

01 09 10