Sunday, April 30, 2017

Haulternative 2hand #FashionRevolution



Hello peoples! Today I am back with a fashion haul type post. You might not know this but this past week was Fashion Revolution week which is this super cool thing that is trying to make so many things better in fashion industry. Because I thought this was so cool I have decided to join in and do a haulternitive post which pretty much means a haul but without buying a bunch of new clothes from some new big store.

Recently I read a book called Uprising by Margaret Haddix. It was seriously amazing. The book was about the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire. After reading this book I went online because it had caught my attention. I looked up some other factory disasters and also living conditions for the average worker in a 3rd world country. I was kind of amazed. That's when I found Fashion Revolution which is trying to change all of this. Besides the whole living things the fashion industry at the moment is seriously hurting our environment. It takes the equivalent of how much water you would drink in 3 years to make one single t-shirt. Like wow.

My mom is super into thrifting or buying old clothes from things like garage sales or thrift stores. It is basically reusing clothes. So yesterday we went to a cool garage sale the church near my house put on. I got a couple things that I am absolutelly obsessed with so I have decided to share them with you in this haulternitive 2hand post. Enjoy!

*Note I am not sure if this really counts because it is less clothes and more earrings and some shoes but I am going with it.



I am so in love with these shoes right now. When I saw them laying on the floor I could not resist at all. I have seen stuff like this before and I loved them then. They are like these converse boot things. I am not really sure. But my friend said they were so "me" when she saw me wearing them yesterday. 


Someone just gave this book to me. It was pretty cool. I have actually not read the artemis fowl series. I think I have listened to the first one but other then that nothing. I am looking forward to maybe possibly reading the series. 



These earrings are like heart peace signs. Aka they are two of my favroite things combined.  have almost no earrings and these are quite small so I can easily wear them to school.


They are owls! I have wanted owl earrings almost forever so when I saw them I was like yes. I ahve to get these. Thye are silver sparkly owl with the types of backs that make them harder to fall off. 




These are more heart earrings because I like hearts ok. They have these cool designs in the middle though that I love.  The earrings are a tiny bit bigger then the other ones but still so cute.



Yes I do relize these are to big and not really appropriate for my age but you have to deal with it. I have wanted earrings like this for longer than I have wanted anything thing else in this post. And then I got them for a dollar and they are so amazing. 

--

And that is it! If you want more haul post or maybe my thoughts on ethical fashion (or something like that) please comment down below. Make to sure to follow my blog if you enjoyed. :)


4 comments:

  1. I love that this is a different beauty-styled post, including more than just clothes.

    I remember wanting those converse-like lace ups when I was younger. I never ended up getting them... but I'm glad you did!

    Steph
    www.socialspying.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I am happy that you like the post.

      Yeah I love the shoes so much. I'm sorry you never got them. :)

      Delete
  2. This is such a lovely post! I love buying things second hand, I think that you can find so many unique treasures ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! Yeah buying second hand can be really cool. :)

      Delete

01 09 10