Thursday, September 27, 2018

Change


I think change
Can be this crazy hard thing
New things are almost always scary
The unknown
I like to think I'm pretty confident
I'm not usually that nervous
I can do things 
I can get on a stage
And talk
I can just put stickers on my face
And walk around
True story
I can pick flowers at the park
And just walk around and give them to random people
Pretty coolio if I say so myself
Or maybe just weird
Not sure
I've realized though
I'm really only confident
With things I know
Give me something I've never done before
Or something where there is a chance I will fail
And I'm just a ball of nerves
Which I feel like is kind of normal
But still


One of my favorite quotes says that 
If it's change 
It's not failing


Something I've noticed
As a big trend online
And with youtubers especially 
Are people get mad when they change
Which is just terrible
Guess what?
People change
They are not what they were 4 years ago
And that's ok
Good even
Were you the same person you were 4 years ago?
No 
The answer is no
Did you want to stay in that weird my little pony emo phase forever?
Just no


Change is hard
And I think what I want to get across
Is you must accept change
In yourself
And who you are
But also in others
Other people change
Your friends change
They might change into someone that you don't think is really your friend anymore
Let them go 
People grow out of each other sometimes
Don't let bad vibes be in your life
Plus in your daily life
If a friend asks you if you want to do something cool
But that you've never done before and makes you kind of scared (but that's not dangerous of course)
Or maybe you got a cool opportunity in school
Change is rewarding
Let yourself change
And truly grow into who you really are


Don't just age
Grow into the person you're supposed to be 

Have you noticed that trend with youtubers as well?? Can you relate to this? How do you think you have changed recently? 



10 comments:

  1. The trend I've noticed with YouTubers is drama so I tend to stay away. XD But I get what you're saying. Sometimes we get to so used to how people were before and we cling to those qualities that attracted us to talk to them or watch their videos or follow them, that it can be a shock to turn around and realize "oh, you've changed". I can accept change in people as long as it's good -- it's really hard for me to watch someone move into something that's harmful to them or others. But at the same time I have to remember that maybe it will be good for them. Anything that tries to knock us down and shakes up our world can be a learning experience. I guess what I mean to say is, it hurts to watch people continually make the same mistakes. It's like repeatedly running into a brick wall and wondering why your nose hurts.

    I've changed in a lot of ways. Some days I feel more confident, and other days I feel worse. But I continue to strive for growth, and with that growth comes change. <3

    Great, thought-provoking post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same!! Like when people are doing so well and then they start doing these things that are clearly hurting them and it's just like ahh stop.

      That's awesome!! Growth is really good. :)

      Happy you liked it Rosie!!

      Delete
  2. You darling are a sweet person. I needed to read these words. Thank you. Lets not be afraid of change! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Vanessa!! You're so sweet to!! I'm so happy you like this!!

      Delete
  3. This was a beautiful post, thank you for sharing this. I love your poetry style, btw!
    dftba,vaishnavi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwww thanks Vaishnavi!! I'm so happy you like it. :)

      Delete
  4. I dunno. I haven't noticed a super huge change myself because I only follow two big youtubers and their content had to change because they were there near the start of youtube?

    I guess I've also been thinking about this. I used to think that everyone around me was just changing into someone else and I was staying the same. However, I have changed a lot. I do often feel younger than my age but I'm a lot wiser though I obviously have so much to learn. xD

    I'm kinda scared of change sometimes when it comes to my life because I don't know if things will get better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can relate!! It seems like all of your friends are changing around you and you're still the same little kid even though you're not.

      Yeah change is quite scary.

      Delete

01 09 10