Thursday, October 18, 2018

Music


This absolutely crazy thing 
A collection of notes
And words 
Strung together
And made into this amazing collection of noise
Music is something
That I adore
And just love
I was at the store the other day 
With my friend
And a song came on
I naturally 
As people do
Began to dance
My friend and sister
Told me to stop
That I was embarrassing
But I was fine with that
Maybe because embarrassing people is generally fun
But also because dancing (aka moving around weirdly like a goose at least for me)
Is something that makes me happy


I'm Christian
I go to church every week and everything
But I've always had a hard relationship with god
With just life and hardships and things like science
I find myself thinking
How in the world could this all be real??
But when I'm at church
And just singing my heart out
Swaying to the music
I don't feel somewhere else
I'm truly there
And I'm not thinking of anything else
No instead I'm singing
And being surrounded
By notes
And words
And voices
And there are people around me
With this same feeling
And it's just beautiful.


Music brings people together
I remember one time I was talking to a friend 
And we realized we both loved Dodie
I think we bonded over that
And became closer
Which made me happy cause she's supes cool so
When you find something in common like music
There's almost no way you won't become friends 


Doing more of these extra journaly posts if you want it or not so there haha. And make sure if you want to collab as part of my blogiversary celebration dm me!!

What are some of your favorite songs? Can you relate to this?  


4 comments:

  1. fave songs: Cut My Lip by TOP. Lies by Marina and the Diamonds. Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen.

    I have to say I can relate. Music does bring people closer together -- I've seen this happen a lot. Sharing a favorite artist or song instantly helps you engage with another person.

    Also, as you touched on in your post, there is a power in praising the Lord with a mass of other people. All your voices swelling together as you focus on God. It's one of the most amazing things I have ever experienced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've heard all of those except for lies.

      Right!? It's so cool!!

      Same. :) :)

      Delete
  2. Love music also! I used to pretty much sing like crazy and like nobody cared in high school and got complaints bout being too loud at least once. I don't sing loudly in public much anymore but there is no doubt I LOVE and listen to music, of all types of emotions and styles. One minute I can be listening to Todays Best Country playlist on Pandora, my favorite internet music provider, and the next a Avril Lavigne playlist (once popular punk pop artist in the early 2000s, was popular around the time of Kelly Clarkson era.) , and then a Best of Van Halen playlist on Youtube! ( who doesn't know who Van Halen is??!!)

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10