Thursday, October 25, 2018

That Time I Got To See Kristin Chenoweth


Helllllo my beautiful friends!! Today I'm doing a little post on something I got to do recently!! Basically, my
school got free tickets to go see Kristian Chenoweth (aka the original person to play Glinda in Wicked)
do a little interview and also sing!! It was so cool so I thought I would do a little post on it. :) First I'm
going to say what happened and then share some quotes!
So when my mom first emailed me about it asking if I wanted to go I freaked out and of course, said yes!
On the actual day I drove with my friend Isabel and we met up everyone else at a high school. There they
had a bus and like five of my friends came!! The bus ride there was super cool as we basically just laughed
and were super weird the whole time. After maybe 30 minutes we arrived at the theatre in a university
where the event was being held. There were a lot of adults in formal outfits and I felt kind of
underdressed haha. After we got our tickets, Isabel and I shared a soft pretzel which was great because
soft pretzels are pretty much the best thing ever.



After that, we sat down again and it actually started!! She came out and everyone cheered and they started the interview. She was so crazy sweet and personal and she seemed like she was honestly having a good time which is just so cool. Plus her little southern accent made her sound like this sweet old lady and also she's 4'11. Anyone who is a successful 4'11 = super cool in my book. I'm 4'11 and a 1'2 just for the record but my mom is 4'11 so I understand the shortness. Fun fact she was on sesame street one time.  


After the interviewer finished asking her questions the audience got to ask some questions. One of the people who asked questions was one of our chaperones and she shouted out her daughter who just happened to be sitting right next to me which was quite funny. She also said what school she was from and we all screamed when she said it haha. After all of the questions, she sang three songs and they were just absolutely beauiful!! Her voice is absolutely gorgeous and it was absolutely mesmerizing to listen to. 


Some quotes I loved: 

Do your version, otherwise why?

Christianity = love and acceptence

I try not to judge others. Well unless you're just mean


When I listened to my gut it has not failed me, but when I haven’t, I’ve been disappointed

You can never write your history
You never know what your thing is going to be

The things that make you different?
That’s what you grab onto

I only ever want to be a part of a team


It’s the hard times that help you grow

I know that we’re here to make our mark and be better people and just be as great as we can be

Be adaptable

It’s ok to be proud of things

Singing is only an extension of speaking

If you want to go far
You have to educate yourself

It’s always important to keep the training going
Always keep learning

The theatre is a team

If you make them feel welcome, then they will do there best and everyone will win

I didn’t know what I didn’t know

You will not be performing when you feel perfect
Maybe I hurt my neck and I can’t really move it to the right
But hey I might be able to find out something new about the character



I super duper hope you loved that!! I had a great time so I wanted to share!

Have you ever heard of Kristian Chenoweth? Have you ever seen a Broadway show? 

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, you're so lucky :) I've always wanted to see Wicked ever since I listened to the soundtrack (it was love at first sight) She sounds like a great person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've also always wanted to see Wicked!! It looks so fun!! Yeah she was really cool. :)

      Delete
  2. I love the first quote by her! Looks like you had fun. <3

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10