Monday, October 22, 2018

5 Free Fun Things To Do In Houston


As you guys might know I live in the wonderful city of Houston, Texas aka the 4th largest city in the US aka a pretty cool place. If you're reading this you either a) live here as well, b) are coming here, or c) are a loyal blog reader of mine who is super cool. All of you guys are awesome. Because I love it here so much I thought it would be super cool to share with you guys some of my fave free things to do here!




Miller Outdoor Theatre 

I have done a couple posts on the Miller including here and here. Honestly, it's one of my favorite ever places in Houston. Like ever. They have free amazing shows all the time. Maybe it's a concert or a play or a musical or they're showing a movie. It's an outdoor theatre but there are two parts. Number one the seated area which has fans and a roof part even though it's still open. For that, you have to get tickets (which are still free) but you have to go early. Also for the shows that don't sell out (it usually doesn't) around ten minutes before the event starts they let people fill in the seats that aren't already occupied. If you don't want to sit there though there is an awesome hill where you can bring blankets or chairs and it's a super fun atmosphere.



Discovery Green 

Discovery Green is a lot like the miller! It's an urban park right smack down in the middle of the city and it's pretty awesome. There's a lot of green space, an actual playground for kids, and a lot of events scheduled all the time. They have workshops, fun things for little kids, kayaking during the summer, yoga, and during a certain time, they have this awesome series where every Thursday they have these awesome free concerts. I actually did a post on it herrrrrreeeee.  For that one, though it wasn't specifically part of Discovery Green instead it was from Avenida Houston which is right by discovery green and also cool. The only downside is that because it is downtown all of the parking lots are paid and when other events are going on like at the Toyota center sometimes street parking will be pretty full so parking can sometimes be annoying.



You probably don't but if you've been reading my blog for a bit you might remember this post and how cool I thought it was! Basically every day at sunset these bats fly out from under this bridge and it's crazy amazing to see because they are all over the sky. It's basically like a humongous flock of birds expect they're bats which you probably don't get to see that often. I thought it was like the most amazing thing when I got to see it and it's super fun for the whole family. You should probably arrive around 20 minutes before whenever sunset is supposed to be that day so you don't miss it plus parking might be a bit annoying. Find more info about it here. 




Ever since it opened around November 2016 I've done around 4 photo shoots here, one with a professional photographer when we were taking family photos. Aka this place is amazing and one of the best places to take photos in Houston. Graffiti and murals are almost always some of the best places ever to take photos and this place has like 30 all on either two or three buildings (I might have forgotten). Fun fact my old church actually owns one of the buildings. There is also a graffiti and street art museum opening sometime soon but according to there website they were delayed by Harvey and aren't sure when they're actually opening. 



Museum District 

I absolutely love museums so so much and on Thursdays a bunch of them are free! How crazy cool is that???? Some of my faves are probably the natural science museum and the art museum. If you want to stray from the norm though there are also museums like the art car museum, the contemporary art museum, air terminal museum, and the buffalo soldier museum. 

I super duper hope y'all loved that! If you live in Houston or are ever going to Houston I really hope this is helpful! I have a lot more things I can add to this list so if you want a part two please comment down below. :) Alos if you want to collab and be part of my month of collabs next month make sure to email me at nabilaeve@gmail.com. 

Have you ever been to Houston? What should I add to this list? Do you want to go to Houston if you've never been? Should I do a part two to this post? 


6 comments:

  1. Ooh I'd love to visit Houston someday! It seems like such an amazing city, from the photos you've shared of it it seems really cool and artsy 😍 It's definitely on my travel bucket list! 😊

    Andrea @ https://spaceshipsvampiresandsecretagents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So interesting! I always really like learning about different places in the world :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! It's so fun to find out new things. :)

      Delete
  3. Great post! I've never been in Houston before but my parents have and they think it's really cool too. :)

    Lilian (also, hey, if you’re interested please visit my blog! don’t feel obligated to though 🙂 )
    greenteawithbooks.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should come!! And I'm happy your parents think it's cool. :)

      Delete

01 09 10