Tuesday, February 2, 2016

I am lucky







Sometimes I think things are unfair. And usually they are but the world is unfair. Think of the people starving in ethiopia or the kids in slavery in asia. I have a house in a nice neighborhood. I have a good family that supports me. Some people have parent who are always working just to sustain the family. I have a computer and while some people don't even have running water. I have jewelry and dresses while a lot of people only have one pair of clothes.

I am lucky. Sometimes I lose sight of this. And a lot of people do. When we look at a sibling's toy. When we look at a friends snacks. We lose sight of everything else in the world. How we are so lucky. Just to be reading my post right now you are lucky. It means that you have a device to do it by that you can use freely. It also means that you don't have to work on a farm to sustain your family.

I am lucky!


--------

I have been think quite a bit about this lately. 

How lucky we are.

So on a happier note, today at school we had a little chocolate festival. Were we all brought something we made with chocolate to school and then at lunch we got to eat each other dishes. I made chocolate chip cookies and have probably between today and yesterday I have eaten like 15 of them. We have been doing a bunch of worksheets and that kind of stuff and chocolate lately just for test prep so this was like an ending award. 

What has been happening with you lately? 



6 comments:

  1. Hmm... A very good, thought provoking post, Nabila. What caused you to write it?
    -Dani

    http://thedanijonesblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. <3

    ~J

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a thoughtful post! You are an amazing writer, Nabila!

    -Blaze Ann
    P31beauty

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10