Sunday, February 21, 2016

What draws me to a book



I thought this would be a fun post to write and read so enjoy.


The five main things that make you pick a book are:

-cover
-title
-recommendation/saw it before/heard of it
-author
-summary

 Though there can be a lot of things those are the main. Since I don't want to spend eternity on this post and make it 3 pages long I am sticking with those. I am going to list some things from those 5 categories that make me check out a book rather than put it back on the shelf at the library. 

Cover

-a bright cover
-black
-something that looks familiar 


Author

 -Rick Riordan
-James Patterson
-others that I have forgotten right now

Image result for author gif

Title

-magical
-a series that I have heard of
-something funny


Though I wouldn't look like that. 

Summery

-magical
-young girl as main character
-another world
-a real life interesting situation


What makes you drawn to a book? 













7 comments:

  1. You should have made the post longer!! I would read a 3 page post!!
    -Dani

    http://thedanijonesblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so believe you and I'll try to have a longer book post up soon.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, cover is a BIG one for me too! :D I love deliciously gorgeous looking covers and definitely always go for them. XD I also look for dragons and magic and battles...or like obscure things. Because I LOVE obscure hobbies and quirks in books. :D
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya cover is very big for me as well. I love paper fury :)

      Delete
  3. I tagged you to do the Infinity Dreams tag! :)

    http://celiaboldizar.blogspot.com/2016/02/infinity-dreams-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. i reckon that a colourful cover/title is key, so that if you happen to walk past the book on a shelf you can see it
    awesomebloggerblack.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10