Saturday, July 30, 2016

This Stories Just 6 Words Long: a story contest


Hey everyone! I have a super super super exciting post for you guys today! A contest! Yes! It is so exciting. I might be just a tiny bit excited. I have actually wanted to do a contest or something like this for a long time. And so when my awesome friend Rukiya (who is amazing and you can find her blog here) told me I should hold a contest I decided to to go ahead and do it. I will hopefully having more contests in the future *hits myself on the head*. Just one step at a time Nabila, just one step at a time. Ok so for like my first ever contest on my blog I am having a 6 words story contest with some sentence props you can find down below and I am calling it This Stories Just 6 Words Long: a story contest. Do you like the name?  My dad (who also has a blog which you can here) and one of Wird All's songs called "This Song's just 6 words long" helped me come up with it. 

How to enter:

1. Pick one of the 4 sentence props which you can find down below. 

2. Write 6 words based of of the sentence prop. Really you can do anything. But it has to be somehow related to the prompt and has to be 6 words long. 

 3. You either send me the 6 words by email (my email is nabilaeve@gmail.com), comment your 6 words down below in the comments, or do a post on your blog about it. When you are entering though make sure to include what sentence prompt you used. 

The prompts:

You can choose one of these sentence prompts to base your 6 words on.

1. I didn't even want to go.

2. The breeze was in my hair and the sun was in my eyes and I was happy.

3. How in the world could he do that to me?

4. When I got home the door was already open. 

The prize:

No there is not going going to be a physical or money prize but I am planning to make some buttons for the winners that they can show to everybody.

How many people can win?

Really it all depends on how many people submit entries. I will proably have a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place though. 

Who can enter? 

Absolutely anyone! You can be a kid an adult or even a baby. I mean why not. 

When does the contest end?

It ends on August 20th (so make sure to enter before that) and I will announce the winner on August 21th. But I can and might change these dates at anytime. 

Why should I enter?

Thank you for asking! There are actually many reasons. Here a couple of them.

-Because you want to make me happy
-Because you want to win
-Because you enjoy writing
-Because you are amazing
-Because you want to try something new
-Because you think it will be fun (which it will be)

So did that make you want to enter?

Now go! 

Now go my writers and readers and enter! I wish you good luck! By the way I would love if you could share this contest with your friends and on social media so that this contest can be a success. 

Also if Mrs. Addie is reading this right now I think you are kind of awesome. 


So are you going to enter? Maybe? Possibly? Hopefully? You so should! Should I do more contests? Do you like 6 word story contests? Do you like writing?



18 comments:

  1. So I decided to go with 4.

    Thief's were there! What to do?

    Did I do this right? XD I'm excited!
    -Dani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did do it right Dani! I am so happy that you are excited. Thanks for entering. :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds awesome. I might enter tomorrow as I'm quite busy today!

    - Edie
    mintyperfections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOH! This is going to be so FUN!
    I will definitely enter!
    Should I stop using exclamation points!?
    I'll email you my entry when I think of something good enough to enter ;)
    This contest idea is rocking Nabila, I hope you get lots and lots of fabulous entries :D

    -Crystal
    You're Just Right

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I am so happy that you want to enter. Nah. Exclamation marks are amazing. Thank you so much Crystal!

      Delete
  4. Thanks Vildana! I hope you have a great weekend as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cool idea. I'll have to have a think! x

    www.57-days.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally going to enter. But first I'll have to think!!!!
    <3 Livy
    www.quilanink.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Contest! I will definitely enter!

    ~Bubbles
    A Tween's Chitter Chatter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neat idea! I'm going to try to enter, so I hope I do it right. Mine is based off of number 1.
    "Forced to leave and all alone".
    Not that great, but it's all I could think of right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! I think your entry is pretty awesome! Thanks for entering!

      Delete
  9. Off of #3-
    "Go. Now it's me before you."
    Is this right? I tried my best, which probably isnt that good XD

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10