Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Things we tell ourselves

A lot of time we tell ourselves things like "you can't do this" or "why are you even trying?" when we face a hard subject and just want to give up. I bet if you look you can see yourself telling yourself something negative. We all do it and eventually it brings us down making us miss out on opportunities just because we are scared.

 I have been thinking a lot about this today.

But truly if we get rid of those negative thoughts and actually try encouraging ourselves it will do a world of good.

How about you are about to perform on stage and your nervous you can take 2 routes 1) listen to your friends who are telling you it's going to be fine and do a fine performance with a few messups but is happy afterwards or 2) listen to the thing those negative thoughts saying that you are going to do horrible and then even if you do a good performance but feel bad afterwards.

With one sounds better to you? I chose choice 1 of course cause I want to be happy and I'm pretty sure you did to.

Even if it is little things like telling ourselves that we can get through with doing the dishes or somehow survive those last few minutes until the bell rings, instead of feeling glum and saying to ourselves how unfair it is, it helps.

Image result for you are amazing quotes

It is true and I want you from now on at least once a day that you are amazing. I'm not saying be boastful but your amazing and you have awesome qualities and you should know it.



Have you got yourself saying negative things to yourself? From now on will you try to say good things to yourself? Did you like this post?







4 comments:

  1. I always find that I am my biggest critic, and it always has a big impact on my happiness. This is something everyone needs to work on to improve everyone's wellbeing.
    Paige xo // The Joys of Being Paige

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, everyone does it and it can bring them down.

      Delete
  2. I love that we get to pick your next read. You Rock! I hope you choose mine...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not really sure what that means sorry. I would love reading suggestions though. What is yours?

      Delete

01 09 10