Tuesday, June 27, 2017

7 Tips For When You Are Packing For A Trip



I'm going on a trip to the Dominican Republic soon! Or I think I will be there when this post uploads. Lots of people travel during the summer so I thought I would make your next trip/vacation a tiny bit easier by listing some packing tips. Packing can be super hard for some people because of things like space and wanting your outfits to look adorable. Note that I am not an expert or anything so don't expect me to be. Also, a lot of these tips are geared more towards people my age (tweens and teens) but they will work for any age.




You should start packing early. The best is about a week in advance. It very stressful if you only pack like the day before your trip. Plus you need to know if you have everything like maybe if you are going to a beach and you need to buy a bathing suit but you don't realize it until you pack (aka what happened to me). 



This goes along with not procrastinating but also give yourself a good amount of time to get everything together. You can't expect yourself to pack in like 5 minutes or something like that. At least during the summer, I enjoy planning out my day so if you are like that depending on how fast you are and how many clothes you have you might want to put packing anywhere from 10-40 minutes. 




This doesn't make that much sense but what I mean in your suitcase or bag get one with multiple pockets so that you can store stuff easier. This makes it so much easier to organize all of your stuff.





Some people who probably don't travel much might not have a suitcase (my grandparents have like 30,000 though so you can probably borrow from them). You can alternatively use a backpack. Most students have one of these and if you don't you can probably find one sitting in a random closet in your house somewhere. A bag is easy to carry and it can count as a carry-on which I think costs less money or no money at all. I don't know. I'm a kid ok. Give me a break. 


This is not a very good example.

Most people fold their clothes but it has been proven that rolling your clothes takes less space. You can simply fold a shirt in half and then start at one edge and just roll it into a long cylinder. One bad thing about this is that is can kind of wrinkle your clothes so if you are going to a wedding or something don't roll up those clothes. 



What I mean by this is like use Ziploc bags or if you have those special bags type things made for packing. If you use them correctly it also makes your clothes take less space. For me, I use them to organize my clothes into bottoms and tops and sometimes planned outfits. 


You don't want to pack all summer clothes to find out it is freezing cold and you need heavy jackets when you get there. This happened to me when I got to go to Canada a couple years ago. It was summer so I, of course, packed t-shirts and shorts and so did the rest of my family. We forgot that CANADA IS FREAKING FREEZING. I kind of died but it was still an amazing trip. On whatever weather app you use, check what the weather will be in the place you are going to when you are there. 

Aren't the photos in this post just gorgeous? You guys are probably annoyed about me talking about this so much but I am so excited for my trip! I have never been out of North America. I'm excited ok. So what are you guys excited for this summer??? Any fun trips planned? What are some of your packing trips? Any weird things you do when you pack? Where is the favorite place you have ever been too? Any cool stories about a special place? Should I do more travel themed posts? Anyone like my new design type thing?






10 comments:

  1. Nice ideas. I also roll my clothes when I pack my things. The thing is I will fold them properly like the usual kind of folding the sleeves to the center...then roll them into a cylindrical shape. By that, it will have less wrinkles :)

    Homed: Life in Sugar & Spice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of that. That is a really good idea. I think I do that already just to make it easier to roll but I will try to purposely do this in the future.

      Delete
  2. The Dominican Republic sounds super exciting! Hope you have a lot of fun! :)

    www.letmecrossover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was SO COOL. I had SO MUCH FUN. I just got back yesterday.

      Delete
  3. Love it, sweet girl! Excited for you as well and can tell you are just thrilled, huh? One traveling tip I would give to you is to condense space, pack your toiletries with your families. That way, one place for the toothbrushes, makeup, hair stuff, etc.
    I never thought of rolling my clothes; I will have to try that as I get ready to go to Tennessee in July. Glad for a chance to talk with you, gal! God bless you and safe travels. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was/am pretty thrilled about it. I hadn't thought about that. That is a really good idea because it would take less space because less bags and stuff like that.
      My mom told me about rolling up your clothes and it actually works. I hope you have fun going to Tennessee! I'm happy I got to talk to you as well. :)

      Delete
  4. i'm packing for a trip right now, and i've already made the mistake of waiting till the last minute. i had to go shopping today, too, because i realized i did not have a swimsuit or enough shorts. i happen to be a huge procrastinator. XD

    i'll have to remember to roll my clothes. and i hope you had a good time on your trip. :)

    xo loren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds so annoying! I hope everything else goes well. :)

      Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Hi Nabila,

    I like your tips a lot. Usually when it comes to packing I go to this site: http://travel-checklist.com but they don't give tipps on how to pack :-/ so thanks for blogging about it.
    'Keep on :-)

    Ps: I usually forget to check the weather on purpose :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy my tips could be helpful! :)

      Ok so I'm not sure if it is possible to forget something on purpose because if you try to forget something you remember it so you haven't forgot it. Just saying. :) :) :)

      Delete

01 09 10