Friday, June 30, 2017

Roses

They begin like any other flower

A single seed buried under the earth

Not sure of what it is just yet

Then it grows roots and turns into a sapling


A toddler of sorts

Just beginning life but not able to do much of anything yet

It keeps growing

Until it turns into the kind of rose we recognize


The flower we have fallen in love with over time 

Standing there

With its thorns as its protector 


But then

A gust of wind flows by

And a petal falls


And you notice

For the first time

How its petals are browning at the edges

Ageing 

You give it more water

More nutrients


But you know that it will die in the end 

All things do

The next petal detaches itself from the only home it's ever known 

And falls like its sibling did 


Slowly

And gracefully

And then 


Suddenly all at once 

All of them begin to fall to ground 

The ground that gave it life

Th ground where it first came from


It starts to decay to become nutrients for the other plants 

And it starts again



4 comments:

  1. Your photographs and your words are beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think this is one of my favorite posts in recent time and I am happy you like it. :)

      Delete
    2. This was a very nice surprise. I wonder what made you think of the circle of life today. --Ray

      Delete
    3. I'm actually not sure what made me think of it. I took the photos first so maybe that inspired me. I'm happy you like it.

      Delete

01 09 10