Tuesday, June 20, 2017

My Blogging Secrets/Confessions



All of us have secrets. Every single one of us. You can't really deny it. Maybe a little white lie like saying your friend's outfit looks gorgeous when you think it looks like a trash bag (fun fact one of my friends put on a trash bag after I dared her too) or maybe a bigger lie like telling your mom you were studying when you were really hanging out with a friend she doesn't approve off. Today I am going to list some of my blogging secrets and confessions or just things I do related to blogging that is kind of weird. This is for people who don't blog to learn more about blogging are also for other bloggers who can maybe relate to some of this stuff. I hope you enjoy!

When I don't have any blog post ideas I write posts listing blog post ideas

This is probably just me but I seriously do this. Like when I did that post about blog post ideas about books I just couldn't think of anything else to write. Also when I have writer's block the only post ideas that I can think of are posts about writer's block. It is extremely weird. 

Sometimes I add images just to make the post longer

Most of the time I put images because the post needs it and it makes it a better post but sometimes not. I have this thing where unless it is some kind of thing where it is supposed to be short I don't like short posts so once or twice in the past I have added more images to make the post a little bit longer.

I will clean a space just for a picture

I am almost certain everyone has done this once or twice before. When there is a really good background or you see a really good shot but the place is too messy. So instead of finding a different picture or maybe cleaning the whole house to be helpful you clean up the one area, take the picture, and then walk away. 

I care way too much about what people think 

This is true for real life as well but especially online. Every time I post something that someone might think is offensive or uncool I get scared and almost don't publish it. Every time I read a comment I almost hold my breath. I have this problem where when people say something I either take it to heart or just ignore it. 

I think about blogging more than things like school

I think about blogging way too much. I am literally 12, I don't make any money off of this, and I am still in school but I take blogging way more seriously than I should and so I think about it all the time. My friends are probably really annoyed with me by now.  I talk about my blog way too much. 

I look at my blog stats

A lot of people say to "not look at your stats" and "it doesn't matter". I have a hard time listening to those people. Yes, it can be bad to look at your stats because it can "make you feel bad" but it can also make you happy sometimes. Alos stats do matter. Just saying 

I will read other people's blogs just to get blog post ideas 

I am bad at coming up with blog posts ideas ok. Most of the time I read posts because they are awesome, amazing, and/or helpful but sometimes I will go through all of the blogs I follow just to get blog post ideas. No this isn't called stealing it is called gathering inspiration because I never do the exact same post as another blogger (that would be unoriginal and boring) but I make my own version that is very different and also some other stuff  (it make sense in my mind). 

I have thought about quitting blogging before

But so has every other blogger. This isn't a recent thing but in the past when I didn't have you amazing readers and followers I didn't really see the point of blogging if no one would see my work. I quit a couple times but I never deleted my blog which has to lead me to where I am now.

Sometimes my favorite part of blogging is reading/hearing you guys say how awesome my posts are

I admit that I thrive on compliments. The way to make me like you is to compliment me. Say how good my outfit is or even better compliment my personality. My mom says my love language (it's a thing ok) is I think she says words of affirmation (whatever that means).  Reading your guy's kind comments makes me really happy (probably way more than they should). 

And that is all for now! If you can relate to any or these or if any of these surprised you then comment down below. Also if you are a blogger I would love to know some of your blogging confessions/secrets. :) Bye and have an amazing rest of your day/night!



14 comments:

  1. Nabila, no matter what people think about your blog doesn't mean you aren't priceless. I bet you already know that, but I just HAD to remind you, sweet girl!
    Thanks for the post and what ever you do to change your blog sounds cool to me! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this blog idea, Nabila.

    Some of your points I can relate to, others I can't say I can, either way, I have no doubts that other bloggers share similar thoughts to you.

    Very creative content!

    Steph
    www.socialspying.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I thought it was a cool idea. I'm happy you agree. :)

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. Everyone struggles with posts sometimes. I have thought about quitting before, I even posted a post a on my old blog about it! (Please no one go and read it)
    Love it!
    Skye // A little inkling // alittleinklings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I struggle more than normal. Haha. Yeah I think everyone has thought about quitting. Thanks for commenting Skye!

      Delete
  4. I'm an obsessive type. Were I to start a blog, and someone actually commented on my writing, I'd be forever watching and waiting for the next comment. Obviously, that's incredibly unhealthy.

    And given my nature I'd find something, anything, to argue about with my dwindling supply of readers. I'd soon have every last one of them ignoring me.

    Be careful about working too hard to make people like you. Even though it's always a good idea to be polite and courteous, you need to stay true to your own values.

    -- Ray (in a wheelchair)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah although it is good thing to be polite it is also a very good idea to stay true to who you are and not let other people ever effect that (I am slowly learning this).

      Also why do you happen to be in a wheelchair? Just asking.

      Delete
    2. That's right, Nabila! There is ALWAYS a nicer way to say things if you need to speak the truth. Jesus didn't keep quiet to the Pharisees, neither should we.

      Delete
    3. You replied to another person's comment after you commented yourself and you spoke about jesus and now you are just a million time cooler (and you were already cool so now you are like beyond cool). And yeah I agree!

      Delete
    4. This is sort of like the story that ends with "OK, Grandma's on the roof." I'll start from the beginning to avoid that.

      I developed a severe vitamin D deficiency as a result of years of avoiding direct sunlight and failing to take adequate supplements. As a result, my blood pressure reached a dangerous level and both my heart and kidneys failed. That was last November. By mid-February my heart was strong and in time it will be completely normal. Recovery of kidney function has been slow due to improper medication and poor advice, however I expect complete recovery there as well.

      In order to prove that I didn't have heart-blockage (and avoid the invasive test I dreaded) I began doing intense aerobics after I got home from the hospital. I got up to 40 minutes on a bike and a mile of walking per day.

      Then I bought a stepper. A !@#$% STEPPER!! (pardon my language)

      I managed to wreck the bursa of both my big toes. that was the weekend before last. I can pretty much walk now. I'll be good to go in a few more days.

      YIKES! Did you actually read all that?! Well done!

      --Ray (Don't make me hit you with my cane!)

      Delete
    5. That's so sad. :( Hope it gets all the way better soon. :)

      Delete
  5. You have nice blog posts Nabila. I always (or tbh most of the time haha) read your posts whenever I have my free time.
    Just a thought that I want to share, it doesn't matter how long or short your post is. The important thing is the thought and the quality of what you have written ;)

    Have a nice day Nabila!

    Homed: Life in Sugar & Spice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona!

      Yeah I know that I just forget it sometimes. Haha.

      I hope you have a nice day as well!

      Delete

01 09 10