Friday, June 23, 2017

I GOT TO SEE THE NEW WONDER WOMEN MOVIE AND IT WAS AWESOME! // Movie Review



I had an amazing day Saturday. In the morning I hung out with some people from church (I will do a post on my trip thing later), then I went home and saw my parents, then I was surprised and we went to go see wonder women, then we went out to eat, then we saw a live beetles cover band play all of the Sergeant Pepper album. We were celebrating my dad's awesomeness and I had a lot of fun. Today though I am going to be talking about the wonder women movie that I got to go see (spoiler alert I loved it).

If you didn't know then congrats to you but semi-recently the new wonder women movie was released in theaters. I was just excited about the thought. I don't know much about the wonder women story but from the previews, it looked awesome. Then though it started getting amazing reviews and everyone loved it. Like more than the last movie, I saw in theaters which I also loved. This made the movie even cooler in my mind. It looked amazingly cool but I didn't think I would be able to see it because I don't get the privilege to see many movies in theaters (I mean I am super lucky just to be able to but I haven't even seen Moana yet if that says something).  My dad mentioned that he wanted to see it for fathers day and his birthday. It made me happy but I still didn't really think I would be able to see it. BUT THEN I CAME HOME AFTER A WEEK AWAY AND WE IMMEDITALLY WENT TO GO SEE IT. Because my family is just awesome like that. So I decided to do a little review post. Here it is!!

-Wonder women, in general, is just an awesome character. Her story and everything is cool to be and I think they portrayed it really well in the movie.

-Gal Godot is really pretty. It's true ok. She is a really pretty actor.

-The acting was really good. The emotion seemed real and stuff like that. 

-This isn't really something awesome about the movie but my dad said it was one of the best comic book movies ever made and he has amazing taste and he read comic books as a kid so he knows when something is good or not. 

-Wonder women is majestic when she fights and also just when she talks and everything else. Like a normal human being can't be that majestic while punching something in the face. 

-It's not as big as some of the other superhero movies. You might have noticed but with some of the other superhero movies like the Avengers they have to save the world or else it will explode and everything in it and at times the plot can get just the tiniest bit confusing. Although in this movie she is still saving the world it is more confined to one problem. Kind of. Did that make sense?  

-It pointed out the whole white people stole America from the Native Americans thing. No one ever talks about it but it is so true.  Pretty much British peeps and other people from Europe came over to what is now the US and they kicked the Native Americans/killed them/made them live on small plots of land probably in Oklahoma. It was not kind. At all. 

-In that time and still now pretty much many women weren't really seen as strong and so everyone at first thought very lowly of Diana but then she totally kicked the bad guy's butt and the men had to admit how awesome she was. 

-The camera work was done really well. Especially in the fight scenes. Sometimes it is all over the place which can get confusing but in this movie, it really wasn't. 

-It is a very emotional movie. It makes you feel stuff which I personally like and admire. 

-Pretty much everything else. Haha. No, but seriously. 

-The whole love thing kind of annoyed me. The romance thing was fine but at the end wonder women says that love is the most important thing and all that which is slightly true but it would have been so much better if she stood for something like fairness. Not love.Whatw ould have been cooler is if Steve (the pilot who she found) like flirted with her but she was strong and mighty and resisted and there could have been some cool funny moments as well. 

-There is no way they could have gotten from the island to London that fast. They don't even know where they are and they are in a small sailboat that no one knows how to use. But somehow magically they get to london in one day. I am not sure is that is even possible today on a boat even when you know where you are. 

-A bunch of other stuff wasn't that realistic either. For example how they got to the front lines so easily. That's not usually possible. Or how she got her outfit which was very much American themed even though she had never even been to the US. Just saying.


I am so bad at doing review posts. Like I just am. I kind of like this format of reviews though. I might do more in the future. Possibly. Should I do more review posts in the future? Have you seen wonder women yet? If so what did you think of it? If not do you want to see it? Do you like superhero movies? What is your favorite superhero movie? Do you like my semi-new blog design? 





8 comments:

  1. This is an EXCELLENT review. The only thing wrong with it is all the unnecessary apologizing. Look at your own post from a couple of days ago!

    Superhero movies, in general, rarely fail to disappoint. However, hope springs eternal and I admit I love to be fooled again and again. Among the best I've seen are the following: Guardians of the Galaxy (2014), The Shadow (1994), Unbreakable (2000) and The Incredibles (2004).

    I'm not sure what to make of the feather and arrow, but I like it. It's PURPLE-ICIOUS!

    --Ray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray! Yeah I might have have apologized a little bit too much.

      Most superhero movies are pretty cool! I love Guardians of the Galaxy and The Incredibles but I am not sure what the other two are.

      To tell you the truth neither am I. I think I like it. Kind of . I don't know. But I have wanted to change my blog to more of a purple theme for a while and I thought adding that while I was at it was a prefect addition.

      Delete
  2. Yeah, I don't think I will ever watch superhero movies for various reasons. But I am glad you enjoyed the surprised and had family time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's slightly sad but I respect your reasons. :) Yeah I really enjoyed it!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I loved it to!! Is there anything specific you liked about it?

      Delete
  4. I went to see Wonder Woman yesterday, Diana in herself is amazing but the movie did have its flaws.
    x Skye // A little inkling // alittleinklings.blogspot.com
    PS Ypu are not bad at reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I feel the same way about the movie.

      PS Thank you so much!

      Delete

01 09 10