Sunday, June 4, 2017

The Bookish Tag



Hello peoples! Today I am back with a tag because why not. If you are new then hi! My name is Nabila, I blog, and I would absolutely love if you could follow my blog. If you aren't new though or you know me in real life you will know that I love books a lot. Like I love them so much I reread the hunger games series in less than a week and I also compete in book competitions (it's a thing). So thank you so Amy for tagging me for this. :) Ok lets get started!

Which book has been on your shelf the longest?

Ok I'm not really sure. I asked my mom and she said one of her friends gave me moby dick when I was like born. I'm not sure if that counts. 

What is your current read, your last read, and the book you will read next?

I am a really cool free verse book about the holocaust called Yellow Star. I last read a book called hit which I loved. It was about a world where america is basically taken over by banks and about a teenager who is forced to be an assassin. It sounds weird but it was so good. I am not sure what I will read next.


What book did everyone like but you hated?

Hmm.... I'm not sure. There was a book called Pennyroyal Academy that a lot of my friends liked but I couldn't even finish it. 

What book do you keep telling yourself you will read but you probably won't? 

The last harry potter book all the way through. I have said on here that I read the whole harry potter series and I have but in chunks and most of the time listening to it and then waiting a year and that kind of thing. 

What books are you saving for retirement?

None. I didn't even know that that was a thing. Probably some book about being an old person.

Last page: read if first or wait till the end?

Definitely wait till the end. I know some people who read the last page first and it make no sense to me. That just ruins the whole book. 


Acknowledgement: a waste of paper or interesting aside?

Ok this might be weird but I love reading the acknowledgement section. It shows what the author cares about and it gives the author a way to thank people which will make those people happy so I think it is good. 

Which book character would you switch places with?

Interesting question. I'm not sure, most book characters seem to have super exciting and also scary lives. I would want a life that is calm but good and not really scary or surprising. I can't think of a book character that has a life like that. Tell me in the comments what book character I remind you of. 

Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life?

I think I said this before in some other post but a book that reminds me of a certain time in my life would be Percy Jackson: The Lighting Thief. Amazingly I actually wasn't that into reading until around 3rd grade. That book started my love for reading and it reminds me of the time I discovered books I actually enjoyed reading and really became a bookworm. 

yes I do realize this is not the book but it is close enough 

Name an interesting book that you acquired in an interesting way?

I have like no interesting book stories. One time last year my school library was giving away some old books so I picked one at random and absolutely loved it. I'm not sure if that counts. 

Have you ever given a special book to a special person for a special reason?

Not for a special reason. I give my friends books all the time though. 

Which book has been with you most places?

Not sure. I don't travel a lot but maybe Little Women because I read that on and off all throughout last summer and I was kind of traveling (as in going to one other state). 


Any required reading in high school that wasn't to bad two years later?

Well I am not in high school and I won't be for a couple of years so I am going to pretend you said middle school. For 6th grade reading I was required to read this book called All The Broken Pieces.  It was a super good book and I loved it. 

Used or brand new?

Book wise I would rather have a brand new book. I know this is going to sound like super bratty but I have this thing where I really really don't like reading books with yellow pages. 

Have you ever read a Dan Brown book?

Nope. Not sure who that is. 

Have you ever seen a movie you liked more than the book?

I don't think so and if I have I have forgotten. I usually like the book more. 


Have you ever read a book that made you hungry?

Like every single book where they talk about food. It's incredibly annoying. I was just reading a book that was talking about milkshakes and I have wanted milkshakes ever since. 

Who is the person whose book advice you'll always take?

Not sure. I don't really know anyone who has the exact same interests as me but if my dad says a book is good quality than I will always believe him.

Is there a book out of your comfort zone that you loved?

Probably and I just forgot.

-- 

And that is all for now! I tag TargetGirl, SaanviDani, and Rukiya to do this. If you enjoyed this post make sure to follow and also I would love for you guys to answer some of the questions in the comments section (I am really interesting in what you guys would answer). Bye and make sure if you tag me for anything to tell me. 

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for tagging me Nabila!!
    I have seen this tag around and am looking forward to doing it.
    TargetGirl targetgirlonline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I'd found a good Summer YA reading list and then realized it included some questionable choices. --Ray

      Delete
    2. Haha. Ok. And what does questionable choices mean?

      Delete
    3. I mean that the list (from a normally reliable source) contained books based in subject matter inappropriate for younger readers. A book is a powerful thing. It can actually change you - for better or worse.

      --Ray

      Delete
    4. Books are quite powerful. :)

      Delete
  3. Interesting answers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved all of your answers! Surprisingly, I've never read Little Women the whole way through ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I was kind of forced to read Little Women at first but I ended up really liking it when I was done with it.

      Delete
  5. Cool answers, Nabila! I totally agree with you on acknowledgements, they are so interesting. Have fun with Harry Potter!

    anna | annaish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks anna! Ok I am happy you agree with me cause like everyone else I have asked thinks that it is weird (for some bizarre reason).

      Delete

01 09 10