Thursday, August 16, 2018

A Weekend In Greenville | Photo Diary


As you probably know recently I spent some time with my grandparents in South Carolina! We just went back to Houston Sunday last week. I got to stay with my aunt and uncle in Greenville for a weekend and I had a lot of fun so I thought I would share what we did. You'll get to see what I've been up to plus some fun things to do if you're ever in Greenville!


I also did a travel diary of the whole trip which you can find here or up above. :)




First, we went to the Saturday market on Main Street! They have this awesome farmers market from May to October from 8 to noon. I've been twice now and it's been super cool each time. 


How pretty are these tomatoes?



One of the vendors were selling these beautiful eggs! He explained how he made them and how it was actually a super old art. It was really cool to hear him talk about. :)


A bunch of people were walking around with these flowers and the first thing I thought might have been how cute a picture would be of me holding them. Don't judge me ok haha. 


After we had finished up at the market my little sister Eden wanted to play in the fountains. While she was changing my uncle, my sister, and I explored this fun (not so little) little general store. It had a bunch of fun games and other little trinkets. 



They were prepping for a wedding so I had to snap a pic! This building is so cute!



Us on the green bridge being all cool. :)


Right near the bridge there is this little row of art studios. When we went they just happened to be opened so we had to check them out!



How cool does that look??


Who remembers when in literally every post I had a picture of my feet. I still have the feet problem. 





At this point, it was around noon and we wanted food but couldn't decide where. There was this super cool place called O-CHA Tea Bar right nearby so we decided to stop there while we decided. 


It was super cute!


We got both a coconut and mango bubble tea with tapioca which were both super good. I love basically anything with tapioca especially when they come from somewhere cute. 



As we were walking down main street looking for somewhere to eat we ran into this super cool art studio called Open Art Studios! 


They also hold art classes and fun events like parties. 


Finally, we decided to get sandwiches from Sully's Steamers! They have these awesome bagel sandwiches which were so crazy good. I shared the original with my little sister which tasted awesome. I also tried the one my other sister got which had jalapeno bread which sounds kind of weird but it was actually really interesting.


When we got to there house we decided to play monopoly because honestly why not. Plus it's an awesome game sooooooo. 


Oh look it me.


The cute room we were staying in. 


It is now the next day and first, we went to church because duhh church things. 



After that, we went to lunch at this cool Vietnamese place! I got some noodles with my little sis and my other sis got pho. We just shared family style and it was quite good. The place was called Saigon Fast Food (I mean I think that is what it says on the sign haha) so if you're ever in Greenville I would recommend it!



It was national ice cream day and Dairy Queen had this thing where you get a free blizzard if you download there app and make an account so that was awesome. I got a cookie dough one and bro it was good. 



My aunt had like 20 thousand million pictures some of which were super old. For example my aunt's grandmother old. That's pretty old y'all. Sooooooo they got uploader thingamajigger and we started putting them into piles and digitalizing them. Or at least I'm pretty sure that's what we were doing. Not exactly sure


Overall it was a super fun trip! I've been to Greenville a couple times before and seriously it's such a cute and fun city. :) If you want more posts on South Carolina you can check out both this one and this one.  I'm planning on doing a post of my total South Carolina trip super soon so get excited for that. :)

Have you ever been to South Carolina? Have you ever been to Greenville? Should I do more photo diary/travel diary posts? 

20 comments:

  1. Awesome photos! And I love the idea of making a diary of pictures. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE GREENVILLE! the whole vibe of the city is so sweet. <3 these pictures take me right back. It looks like you guys had a blast! loved adventuring vicariously through your eyes in this post, Nabila!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHH SAME. Right?! We did! So happy you liked it. :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a great time! I really like reading travel diaries, I loved looking at all these pictures! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had fun! Greenville reminds me a lot of my downtown on the first Fridays of the month. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love bubble tea bars! I'm glad you enjoyed Monopoly too during your trip-- I've never played it before, but it looks really fun.

    xoxo Abigail Lennah | Story-Eyed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss bubble tea is the best! MONOPOLY IS AMAZING HOW HAVE YOU NOT PLAYED IT LIKE UMMM WHAT?????

      Delete
  6. This looks so fun!! I need to add Greenville to my list of places to visit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greenville seems like a super cool place- nice photos! I've basically never traveled to any state besides Nevada and Connecticut, so it's my dream to just travel across the country spending a day in each place.
    dftba

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scanning pictures!! I oh my goodness, I should do this with the MILLIONS of photos my family has in albums but I love looking at them in the albums. Gives a different feel than looking at them on a screen. Looks like such a fun trip!! Lots of great smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah looking at family albums can be so fun. Everyone gathered around looking at old pictures and reminiscing. It's fun. But yeah especially with older photos that might break, it's probably a good idea to scan them.

      Delete
  9. It seems you had a lot of fun and spent your time in a great atmosphere! Awesome post, I really enjoyed reading about your trip and I like all the photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos! It sounds like your trip was a lot of fun. I've never been to Greenville, but my grandparents go a lot.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10