Monday, August 6, 2018

Creator Spotlight | Maia From IDLE TEENAGE REBELLION


I haven't done an interview in so so long so when Maia reached out to me (she might have also bribed me with compliments but no one needs to know that) asking if she could be interviewed I happily agreed. It makes me super duper happy anytime I can help a new blogger and also makes me feel like a not new blogger if that makes sense which I have to remind myself a lot so it's good for both parties. We are going to get started but first, make sure to give her blog all of the love! Oh and the bold is mmeeeeee. Alright now let's get started. :)


What is your name and what does it mean?

My name is Maia, and apparently, it means mother. I just think it’s really cool because it’s from Greek mythology - I love Percy Jackson - and the month of may is named after it.

Ooooh I love that! Percy Jackson is pretty awesome. What is your blog name and what does it mean? I kind of have a thing with names haha.

My blog name is Idle Teenage Rebellion, and I guess the meaning behind it is that I believe that all teenagers should be a little rebellious sometimes. Even if being ‘rebellious’ is really just sneaking 3 cookies while your mom isn’t looking :)



Pics by her :)
Low key didn't get what you were saying but I get it nowwwww. Also, that is basically the only rebellious thing I've ever done I am not cool haha. How did you come up with it (the name of your blog)?

I was trying to think of a cool name for my blog and it kind of just came to me, and I knew it was the right name.

That is how all the best things happen. *nods* How do you spend an average day?

School has messed up my sleep schedule, so I pretty much always wake up at 9am at the latest. I get ready extremely slowly, then either make my way to school or relax and read/watch tv at home. Then at night I relax some more and go to sleep way too late (Yes my day is mostly relaxing, I’m not exactly the most energetic person)

Honestly, everything besides relaxing is overrated. What are your favorite hobbies?

Reading, writing, going for walks, listening to retro music and constantly redecorating my room.

You should share pics of your room on your blog if you haven't already! What is your favorite thing about me? I want to know ok do not judge me haha.

Your kindness! The fact that you always seem to be helping others, not to mention how you’re helping me with this. You’re so nice.

Aww thanks so much, girly! How do you come up with blog posts and how do you usually go about writing one?

Blog posts kind of just come to me from everyday life scenarios, whether it’s from something that I’ve seen or something I’ve heard. My writing process is pretty simple, either I sit down for an hour and I write and write until it’s all done, or I slowly procrastinate and complete it over the course of a week.

Why is the procrastinating one literally me lol? What does your blog mean to you and why would you say you blog?

My blog means a lot to me. It’s a place where I can express myself and my opinions. I blog for many reasons - including that - because it’s fun, it’s interesting, it helps me become a better writer and more disciplined. And of course, I just really love the feeling of publishing a good post that I’ve worked hard on. It’s super satisfying.

I love that!! If you could hang out/meet any living person for an hour who would it be?

Currently, I’d have to say Lin Manuel Miranda (He made the musical Hamilton). He seems hilarious and super creative, and I’d love to know what inspired him to write a rap musical about a founding father.

Yessss you would have to take me with you haha. If you had to choose a career now what would it be?
A journalist or a screenwriter. It would be amazing to be either and in a sense being a journalist is sort of like blogging, since you’d be publishing articles every week and so on.


I also kind of want to be a journalist. :) Since you just started a new blog, what do you see happening with your blog in the upcoming year? What do you want to happen?

Hopefully, my blog will get a bit of a bigger audience, and I might be able to branch out on my blog. My main goal overall is just to keep writing posts and improving, and maybe meet some new people along the way.

Anything else you would like to share?

I just want to say thank you to Nabila for doing this for me. I’m super grateful xx

Of course. :)

I super hope you liked that!! Once again feel free to go check out Maia and her blog!  If you are a blogger/anyone wanting to collab do not be afraid to send me an email! My email is nabilaeve@gmail.com

Do you want more interviews? What is one thing that made you smile today? Are you a blogger?


7 comments:

  1. I've been enjoying Maia's blog so far, I'm glad to see her featured on here! :D
    Great post. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh nice interview! This was a lot of fun to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sees "Everything besides relaxing is overrated."* *emails quote to school principal*
    Great interview! I love Maia's blog!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10