Wednesday, April 6, 2016

10 things I do to cheer me up (and can cheer you up too)




Today after school I auditioned or a part in a play we are going to put on and in my opinion I did pretty horribly. I forgot a couple of my lines and in my opinion didn't put that much emotion. So I pretty much failed. I'm not very happy because of it but I'm trying to cheer myself up. Here are three ways I can do that.


1. Drink some warm tea. This soothes me and I always love tea (as you can see in this post). 

2. Go outside. Just to the park or the backyard. I can swing or play with my sisters and the sun (it has been scientifically proven) makes you happier.

3. Write a blog post/check my blog. Writing a post always gets my creative juices flowing and then when checking my blog I can read nice comments and that kind of thing (you can see what other stuff blog related that you can do that can make me happy here)

4. Watch a Disney movie. If you are an adult, 20, or 2 and even if they seem "kiddish" Disney movies always cheer me up. They are so fun to watch and they are kind of "feel good" kind of things.  

5. Get together with some friends. This is always fun and I have a couple friends that live super close to me so I can arrange it pretty quick. Or of course I could Skype. 

6. Cuddle with something. I sadly do not have a pet but maybe a stuffed animal or even some pillows can also be used. Just let your stress fade away. Away and away and away.

7. Look at some fun quotes. If there's a website you like or just search "positive quotes" on google and look at the images you can find some really fun quotes and saying that might just be a able to cheer you up. 

8. Let yourself do something. What is something you really like to do? Reading? Running? Writing? Well then do it. Of course in small proportions but every now and again you just need to let yourself do something fun.   

9. Take a long hot bath/shower. This can sooth both your muscles and mind and plus makes you clean. Win, win, win, right?

10. Turn on some upbeat music. When your sad you probably want to listen to something that mirrors that horrible feeling (Adele maybe?) but instead you should put something fun, fast, and inspiring. Maybe even have a little dance party with yourself and maybe a sibling or two. 


What do you do when you're sad? What are some of your tips? Do you do any of the things above? Have you been sad recently/now? From what? 









12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That is really helpful as well. It can make you feel like someone cares about you and lets you express your feelings.

      Delete
  2. I also meditate and I guess writing down my feelings would help too or sharing it to someone :)


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, saying your feelings to someone to someone is always awesome. Because if you don't you might just explode (just kidding).

      Delete
  3. Heya!
    I'm sorry you didn't so well on your auditions :( But don't give up girl, keep trying and you can do it!
    Quotes are awesome, I love quotes!
    Albert Einstein and Dr. Seuss quotes are some of my favorite, such as:
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    Praying always helps too
    Something interesting that I read somewhere is that when you feel sad it can be cathartic to listen to sad music :)
    Did you take that picture on the top? Because it is gorgeous!
    -Crystal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks crystal! Ya, I love reading quotes :) Praying does help as I said in the above comment. Oh I didn't know. I'll have to research it or something. I did take the picture on the top. I'm so happy you like it!

      Delete
  4. These are really helpful way to deal with all of the yucky feelings that come our way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also like to watch a Disney movie and friends get together to make my feeling cheer up :) great post dear ! Would you like to follow each other on Bloglovin :)
    www.ambiinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those two are definitely one of my favorites! What movie is your favorite when your sad? Thanks Ambi! I would love for us to follow each other!

      Delete
  6. These are all such great ideas! Thank you for sharing, I may have to try them next time I feel down ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I think you totally should! Though hopefully that won't be soon.

      Delete

01 09 10