Monday, April 4, 2016

Greenglass House // Book Review



So how are you guys? Good? Ok good. Today I have a cool book review for you guys of Greenglass House. 

I have a list again. I think I am just going to do most reviews in lists. I just love to do them and read them.

The amazing


  • The plot with all its twists and turned and secrets are really good in this book. It is like ten million little drawers that just need to be opened. 
  • Since it is a mystery you are always waiting for the "anwser" to be revealed and it really put me on the edge of my seat. I love this kind of book that can do that.

  • Since Milo, the main character in this book, is an orphan he has to deal with the "guilty" feeling of thinking of his birth parents. It has a really good part in the book and I love that kind of insight on an orphan. 
  • The way how Kate Milford time go by in the book is seriously amazing! She can make a whole day in the book seriously seem like a whole day. Like in real life. I admit in some parts I was confused of what day it was because I had thought enough words had gone by that it should be the next day, but no it was still that very same day. The only other time I have seen this amazingingness is the Rick Riorden books where he can make a week into 500 pages. 
  • I also have to give this book a point for having roleplaying games. I have always liked roleplaying (though I don't do it that much) and it is a pretty big part of the book. 
  • Also the feelings that are expressed in this book are so strong! If it is sadness and crying or happiness and laughing I can see it and almost feel it. 

The not so amazing


  • Sometime I really got lost while I was reading this book. Yes it is like a mystery novel but at points in the book it was not very engaging and my eyes flew to other parts of the page out of sheer boredom. 
  • Milo's uncanny ability to find objects and clues are really unrealistic! I like my books to be pretty realistic (you can find a good post on the topic here)and it truly wasn't. 
  • The cover. I know I know the cover picture is pretty good and artistic. And I usually love covers but the thing is like I like them more simple and this is not simple at all with a bunch of details (I did a post on what draws me to a book here). 
  • It is cool how they all have something connected to the house and all. I'm not against that or anything but when you really really think about it. How realistic is that they all came at the exact same time all trying to find something slightly similar? It's really not.
  • The book's description of humans is pretty good. But when it comes to the house and furniture and that kind of stuff it should have described much better and quite a bit more.   


Have you read this book before? Did you like it? How do you think I could improve my reviews/book photography? Do you like mysteries? Do you like books with orphans?















4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really good read - thank you for sharing! :)
    - Ambar | Her Little Loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nabila!
    Oooh! I literally pick up this book almost every time I go to the library but never end up getting it. I want to but my tbr list is basically burying me right now. It's nice to see what another blogger thought of it. I also have never picked it up because although it looks like a good mystery, it's a lot of pages and it seemed slow to me, I guess I was right from what you said :)
    I'm not against slow books or anything and they are often quite nice, but when there are so many juicy heartbreaking nail biting books sitting in my bag, the slower ones kind of just get left until last ya know?
    If you liked Greenglass you might also like The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart, which is a series and I loved it! It is a mystery and the plot is all twisty marvelousness! It can be a little unrealistic but it is still a good read.
    The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin is also BOSS! The mystery is so twisty and wonderful characters and it's such an intricate game it is pure genius! It can be a little confusing because there are a lot of characters involved but once you get the people sorted out it's yes yes yes!
    This comment turned out super long somehow, eek!
    Have an amazing day girl! (and whoever else is reading this comment, I see you spiders!)
    -Crystal
    You're Just Right

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey crystal! I have a couple of books like that that I want to read but never end up actually reading. And for the tbr list thing I can totally relate! Sometimes there is just so many books that you want to read and you feel like you'll never be able to read all of them. And for the super long book thing again I can relate (we should be like book buddies the same thing seems to happen to both of us. LOL). I'll just have this book sitting on my shelf that looks so big! But then theirs that other one that would take me like 2 days to finish and for some reason I pick the 2 days one. Why I have no idea. I think I might be scared or something. That is actually what happened with Harry Potter and why I still haven't read the last book. It is just so long! Those 2 books quite good. I'll have to check them out sometime soon. Thanks for the recommendations! Eek! I love long comments! Thanks Crystal! I hope you also have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10